Errrgh. I hate going to the dentist. Especially when it involves getting two cavities filled, one on the right lower side and one on the left lower side. That's right. It means they have to numb up your ENTIRE lower jaw, thus causing your lower lip to feel grossly inflated and your tongue as though it's majorly constricted. And I swear the dentist hit an extra nerve on my left side - does the trigeminal nerve deal with sensory innervation? I think it might - because not only is my entire jaw numb, so is my left cheek, and they definitely weren't doing any work up there. And why does the numbness actually hurt? Shouldn't it feel like nothing? And why didn't I remember that it would be impossible for me to eat afterwards.. because obviously, in my brilliance, I did not eat before the procedure and there is this red velvet cake just sitting in the fridge, taunting me..
This is definitely worse than that time I had all 4 wisdom teeth taken out. They knocked me out, there was no residual pain, and I could eat properly and talk without sounding like I needed massive help. Plus, I got some valium out of the whole deal, in a shady transaction where the oral surgeon gave me some pills in a little envelope at the consult telling me to take them before coming in for the surgery. I didn't take them then, and saved the pills for when I was really stressed a couple of months later. See, all trips to the dentist should involve getting extra valium like that.
This is definitely worse than that time I had all 4 wisdom teeth taken out. They knocked me out, there was no residual pain, and I could eat properly and talk without sounding like I needed massive help. Plus, I got some valium out of the whole deal, in a shady transaction where the oral surgeon gave me some pills in a little envelope at the consult telling me to take them before coming in for the surgery. I didn't take them then, and saved the pills for when I was really stressed a couple of months later. See, all trips to the dentist should involve getting extra valium like that.
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home