mercredi, novembre 26, 2003

Hrm. I don't think it's okay that the left margin of my tongue is tingly.

It's a very interesting sensation when novocaine wears off. First, that area of your mouth which is about to feel normal again goes from annoying fat and bloated feeling to incredibly tense and vaguely painful. Then, slowly, normal sensation is restored - that is, your mouth feels your own again. Of course, this happens in various stages, so that first my tongue went back to normal, then the back of my jaw, and eventually my lip.

However, there is that part of my tongue which doesn't feel completely fine yet. Dammit, if there is nerve damage, I so am suing my dentist, no matter how much I like him. He should've filled these stinking cavities 6 months ago when he found them, instead of making me schedule a new appointment.

But! At least I can eat real food again. Mmm. Ode to a red velvet cake. And other yummy foodstuffs too.