vendredi, novembre 21, 2003

More examples of my brilliance:
Phone rings. Don't recognise the number. Answer anyway, because I don't believe in screening calls unless I am definitely trying to avoid someone.
Me: Yes?
Voice: Hello? Jennifer?
Me: Yes?
Well obviously it's me, you called my cell phone.
Voice: It's Ashley..
Ashley? I don't know any Ashleys... ohhh, except for my 7-year-old cousin. But what in the world is she doing calling me? And why does she sound so mature? Where is her mother? Oh no, has something had happened to her mother? I love her mother, I hope nothing happened at home..
Voice continues, because there's been this long pause while I've been thinking all the above: You know, stinkyhead's sister..

And it all kicks in. It's the boyfriend's sister, I had promised to give her a ride to the airport since she is a smart chicky and decided to go to college in Southern California. (Obviously, she didn't call him stinkyhead, but since that's how I'll be referring to him here until I can think of a more mature nickname, that's how you all will know him by.) But since I hadn't been expecting her call.. ahh, yeah, it's not that funny, is it, but it was.. at the time...

Leaving in 13 hours, and still have not commenced packing nor cleaning my apartment yet. Bleh. I hate packing and cleaning. This is why I need servants. Then they can do it all for me. I don't know why I hate packing so much, I like travelling, and it's an evil necessity.. but, there's just something so... blech.. about it all..