dimanche, novembre 23, 2003

So, what defines being an "LA person"?

I was trying to define to one of my sort-of-exes-now-really-just-an-annoying-as-hell-git what being an "LA person" is. He seemed to think it had something to do with being superficial and blond, and that he could attempt to be both things.

But as I see it, it's really not a learned thing, and you can't force yourself to be an "LA person." There's no set definition - you just radiate the vibe, that's it. It's a way of talking, a way of acting, a way of being that you can't really study, or really dissect. It doesn't matter if you're originally from here or not - I mean, stinkyhead is totally LA, even though he's originally from the Midwest. And then I have friends from high school who totally aren't LA, even though they're from here.

You know how it is. Some people just are, some aren't.

I sound so hippie zen surfer dude(tte). Maybe I need sleep.