Day 2 of being sick. This really sucks. I swear I'm dying. I am sneezing all over the place, which just means that my germs are just going to spread and cloak my entire apartment - if I don't sneeze my head off first. Maybe the CDC can study my apartment for new diseases after I get better. I am going to have to thoroughly clean, which really is just a form of procrastination so that I don't have to study.
Crankypants expressed suitable commiseration when we talked, and he said if he were here he'd make me chicken soup, which really means he'd go to the market, try to find real chicken soup in the deli, and that failing, buy a can of Campbells and attempt to heat it up without burning it or catching the kitchen on fire. But really, it's the thought that counts. Especially since he totally spread his sick germs to me via phone.
Although, come to think of it, a big bouquet of flowers would be nice about now. But he's not capable of that much thought. I can only hope that the bras I ordered from Victoria's Secret arrive today, so that can be a nice little "present."
Boy, this is going to make clinical diagnosis fun today - at least we have standardised patients, so their lives (hopefully) won't be in jeopardy as I attempt to do a physical on them, hacking and sneezing the whole way through.
And instead of studying for exams (next week, aaaahhh!) in subjects where I have not touched the text (let alone gone to class - class, me, when I can instead sleep in and then watch Live with Regis and Kelly?).. I have been downloading songs and making mix CDs for no apparent reason at all.
But more excitement - apparently, my 6 weeks of doing Western blots last summer paid off (boy, was that ever boring. Mix a couple of things together and wait 2 hours, repeat until you feel like shooting your head off - at least I got paid well for playing on the computer and leaving work early. Too well. It's very tempting to do it again this summer, until I remember the mind-numbing boredom. That, and it won't help me in my future career in education/psychology) and I get to be second author on a paper! This is super-exciting, since I recently read the paper and cannot explain it at all. Wow, if I were finishing med school and applying for residencies, this would be so helpful. But I'm not, so really this is just an ego boost. I really have no idea what I was even testing last summer, I just did Western blots on whatever cells they told me to do Western blots on. (I'm not even exactly sure what a Western blot tests, for that matter.) But it is entitled "Proteasome Inhibition Induces Cytokeratin Accumulation in vivo"... I know that ethanol-fed rats were involved, that's it. If you want to read it in all its glory, it will be published sometime in Exp Mol Pathol (according to the actual author of the paper), which I can only deduce means Experimental Molecular Pathology. But I'm not quite sure. All the pretty blots - that is, pictures of blurry lines - are my contribution. Bonus points if you can explain the paper to me in terms I can understand.
Crankypants expressed suitable commiseration when we talked, and he said if he were here he'd make me chicken soup, which really means he'd go to the market, try to find real chicken soup in the deli, and that failing, buy a can of Campbells and attempt to heat it up without burning it or catching the kitchen on fire. But really, it's the thought that counts. Especially since he totally spread his sick germs to me via phone.
Although, come to think of it, a big bouquet of flowers would be nice about now. But he's not capable of that much thought. I can only hope that the bras I ordered from Victoria's Secret arrive today, so that can be a nice little "present."
Boy, this is going to make clinical diagnosis fun today - at least we have standardised patients, so their lives (hopefully) won't be in jeopardy as I attempt to do a physical on them, hacking and sneezing the whole way through.
And instead of studying for exams (next week, aaaahhh!) in subjects where I have not touched the text (let alone gone to class - class, me, when I can instead sleep in and then watch Live with Regis and Kelly?).. I have been downloading songs and making mix CDs for no apparent reason at all.
But more excitement - apparently, my 6 weeks of doing Western blots last summer paid off (boy, was that ever boring. Mix a couple of things together and wait 2 hours, repeat until you feel like shooting your head off - at least I got paid well for playing on the computer and leaving work early. Too well. It's very tempting to do it again this summer, until I remember the mind-numbing boredom. That, and it won't help me in my future career in education/psychology) and I get to be second author on a paper! This is super-exciting, since I recently read the paper and cannot explain it at all. Wow, if I were finishing med school and applying for residencies, this would be so helpful. But I'm not, so really this is just an ego boost. I really have no idea what I was even testing last summer, I just did Western blots on whatever cells they told me to do Western blots on. (I'm not even exactly sure what a Western blot tests, for that matter.) But it is entitled "Proteasome Inhibition Induces Cytokeratin Accumulation in vivo"... I know that ethanol-fed rats were involved, that's it. If you want to read it in all its glory, it will be published sometime in Exp Mol Pathol (according to the actual author of the paper), which I can only deduce means Experimental Molecular Pathology. But I'm not quite sure. All the pretty blots - that is, pictures of blurry lines - are my contribution. Bonus points if you can explain the paper to me in terms I can understand.
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home