I am always nervous making airplane flights. What if I get the dates wrong? The times wrong? What if I accidentally make my flight for the week after school starts instead of the week before? What if I forget which date my flight is on and I miss my flight completely? What if the airline never received notice of my ticket purchase in the first place and I am not actually on the flight?
I am a little paranoid when it comes to scheduling matters.
But in over 6 years of flying from one coast to the other, I never made a mistake. I always arrived before classes started. I was always safe. And then this coming January, I thought I was in the clear. After all, I'm not returning to classes, am I? No, I'm returning to research, which pretty much means I can get back to the East Coast anytime I want. So even if I messed up the dates, I'll be fine. Life was easy. And then I decided to schedule a visit to see crankypants at school in the South.
It should have been so simple. Get in on Wednesday, leave again on Thursday. Yes, perhaps I could give myself more time in my apartment, but there was really no need to. After all, everyone else will be in class. And I could have sworn that those were the two flights that I made.
Get in on Wednesday, leave again on Thursday.
I got my new calendar today and decided to write in the flight times. So I checked my itineraries online.
Get in on Wednesday, leave again on... WEDNESDAY??
It's not the end of the world, I suppose. My flight gets in at 10:30AM, and the second one doesn't leave until 2:30PM. My apartment is only 20 minutes away from the airport, so I have time to go home and take a shower and repack. It could be much worse.
BUT!!! What if my luggage gets lost? Okay, then I bring my toiletries and what clean underwear I have in my carry-on. What if my first flight is delayed and I don't get into Providence until my second flight has already left? Then I'm royally screwed. I can think of many many many things that could go wrong.
And I have an entire month in which to come up with new things that can go wrong. This is not going to be a healthy pasttime.
I am a little paranoid when it comes to scheduling matters.
But in over 6 years of flying from one coast to the other, I never made a mistake. I always arrived before classes started. I was always safe. And then this coming January, I thought I was in the clear. After all, I'm not returning to classes, am I? No, I'm returning to research, which pretty much means I can get back to the East Coast anytime I want. So even if I messed up the dates, I'll be fine. Life was easy. And then I decided to schedule a visit to see crankypants at school in the South.
It should have been so simple. Get in on Wednesday, leave again on Thursday. Yes, perhaps I could give myself more time in my apartment, but there was really no need to. After all, everyone else will be in class. And I could have sworn that those were the two flights that I made.
Get in on Wednesday, leave again on Thursday.
I got my new calendar today and decided to write in the flight times. So I checked my itineraries online.
Get in on Wednesday, leave again on... WEDNESDAY??
It's not the end of the world, I suppose. My flight gets in at 10:30AM, and the second one doesn't leave until 2:30PM. My apartment is only 20 minutes away from the airport, so I have time to go home and take a shower and repack. It could be much worse.
BUT!!! What if my luggage gets lost? Okay, then I bring my toiletries and what clean underwear I have in my carry-on. What if my first flight is delayed and I don't get into Providence until my second flight has already left? Then I'm royally screwed. I can think of many many many things that could go wrong.
And I have an entire month in which to come up with new things that can go wrong. This is not going to be a healthy pasttime.
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home