lundi, décembre 08, 2003

It's interesting what I'll do in the name of procrastination. Take Saturday afternoon. I had such good intentions of actually studying, since I was feeling better than I had the entire previous week.. and what happened? I ended up in my friend's apartment, as we sat at the window laughing at people walking by. Not that anything funny was even happening.. no, it was just people walking in the snow. That didn't stop us from making fun of them, though. "Crazy people!" we'd yell at them, as we munched on butter cookies we made.. yes, also another procrastination device. And this wasn't just for 20 minutes.. oh no, it was a good 7 hours, between watching Dirty Dancing and whatever else was on TV. Maybe we were the crazy people.

But we did come up with a brilliant idea: the boyfriend trap. Poor Kate wants a boyfriend. And so I devised something that could put our staring out the window to good use, and it's very simple - and environmentally friendly as well! All we'd do is ice over the patch of sidewalk in front of her apartment. Then, if a cute guy fell, we could run outside and save him! Et voila, the boyfriend trap.

Of course, this would have entailed us going outside to pour water on the snow, which we definitely weren't doing, and she didn't have any balloons so we could accomplish the same effect with water balloons, or a Super Soaker. Oh well. It was worth a thought.

So we just stayed in her cozy apartment, yelling, "Crazy people!" anytime people walked by.

And some people say I have the attention span of a goldfish. Harumph.