vendredi, décembre 19, 2003

I've found, that for me, it's really hard to be subtly bitchy. Sure, I can pull it off every once in awhile, but I'm the snarky bridge-burning sort.

No, correct that. I have a mind like a steel trap when it comes to injustices (whether perceived or real) against me. I keep score. It's petty and infantile, perhaps, but that's how I am. Everyone has a good column and a bad column, and there are tick marks on either side.

Usually, they balance each other out, and I'm fine. But sometimes, the tick marks in the bad column start accumulating, and there's nothing on the other side to cancel them out. And my level of tolerance is rather high-ish, so it doesn't bother me. At least, not too much, in the beginning. Slowly but surely, however, I start to notice. And then every little bad tick mark multiplies and instead of becoming incrementally worse, it becomes exponentially worse. I can generally keep it under wraps, though.. but every once in awhile, I can't. And then one little annoying action, which usually I'd just brush off, and that's when the outright bitchiness comes into play, because we have far surpassed the realm of tact and diplomacy.

I want to send email, call, with the intent of solely pointing out how ungracious and selfish they're being. I'd prefer to cancel plans even if it means sitting at home alone on a Friday night instead, just to make a point. Because by golly, that point wants to be made, loud and clear. I would usually prefer to be tactful, but then think that the other wouldn't realise tactful if it hit him/her over the head, so obviously I'd have to be rude and upfront with it.

Anyhow. On that note. A nice pedicure will calm me down somewhat. Hopefully.