mardi, décembre 16, 2003

So, I have this theory (I have many theories, including the one where people get cuter the closer you get to the beach, the one where people on the East Coast are more prone to skin cancer because they go out and tan frantically and then burn whenever it's warm enough, or visit tanning salons, whereas on the West Coast - or more specifically LA - you have a perpetual year-round tan so there is no burn, etcetc) that everyone has two stomachs - the regular stomach, and the dessert stomach which enables one to consume dessert even after eating a completely filling meal.

This stomach theory was brilliant proven when I was visiting a friend in Chicago. We went to a French restaurant, couldn't decide what we wanted to eat, and so ended up getting a bowl of soup apiece...followed by the splitting of 6 appetizers. It doesn't sound like a lot, but we couldn't touch another bite after the 1 round of 3 appetizers, and artfully arranged the food on the remaining so it looked like we had eaten lots of it. Nevertheless, we ordered dessert anyway, because what's a proper meal without dessert? The waitress thought we were absolutely nuts, and we got plenty of weird looks that night.

However, I am even more fully evolved - not only do I have the regular meal stomach and the dessert stomach, I also have a pasta stomach. That is, I can eat a large bowl of pasta and somehow it just gets absorbed by my system and I am Still Hungry, as though I hadn't consumed anything at all.

Outrage of the day: They are remaking my beloved Roman Holday, which stars the lovely Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck. It is going to be called Chasing Liberty and will feature Mandy Moore. Seriously. Is Hollywood so out of ideas that they have to go back to the classics and screw them up?