I have started a new research project where we look at how the current cholesterol regulation guidelines are being implemented in primary care facilities. It sounds very interesting, n'est-ce pas? Since high cholesterol is an indicator of potential cardiac disease, this is important. You can go to Heartage.com to enter in risk factors and find out how high your risk is of having a heart attack in 10 years. I am happy to say that even with my high cholesterol and all, my heart is a young 23.
In addition to this high cholesterol, people on both sides of my family have had heart problems in the past. However, I don't feel that I'm going to die of a heart attack. No, that's not the way my life will be ended. Cardiac problems are the least of my worries. What will do me in will be liver failure.
Maybe my next research project should be to figure out one's liver age. Because mine, definitely, is at least twice my real age. Poor liver. At least it can regenerate itself, as long as one doesn't abuse it too much. However, nothing in moderation, not for me!
On a related note, I was in Whole Foods and found these candies called "hangover drops" from The Apothecary's Garden, based in Gloucestershire, England. They promise to help "refresh and revive." They contain sugar, glucose syrup, citric acid, ginseng, natural flavours: bramble, lemon, orange, raspberry, rosehip. They are also coloured by beetroot red. I wonder if they work. If so, this purchase will be worth every cent of the $3.99 I spent on them. My friend Kate is trying them this weekend and said she would let me know. I am very excited by this finding.
Why not the KGB pills? Because Kate is right. I want to feel drunk while I'm drinking, I just don't want to be hungover the next morning. Or day(s), as the case may be.
In addition to this high cholesterol, people on both sides of my family have had heart problems in the past. However, I don't feel that I'm going to die of a heart attack. No, that's not the way my life will be ended. Cardiac problems are the least of my worries. What will do me in will be liver failure.
Maybe my next research project should be to figure out one's liver age. Because mine, definitely, is at least twice my real age. Poor liver. At least it can regenerate itself, as long as one doesn't abuse it too much. However, nothing in moderation, not for me!
On a related note, I was in Whole Foods and found these candies called "hangover drops" from The Apothecary's Garden, based in Gloucestershire, England. They promise to help "refresh and revive." They contain sugar, glucose syrup, citric acid, ginseng, natural flavours: bramble, lemon, orange, raspberry, rosehip. They are also coloured by beetroot red. I wonder if they work. If so, this purchase will be worth every cent of the $3.99 I spent on them. My friend Kate is trying them this weekend and said she would let me know. I am very excited by this finding.
Why not the KGB pills? Because Kate is right. I want to feel drunk while I'm drinking, I just don't want to be hungover the next morning. Or day(s), as the case may be.
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home