Leaving, on a jet plane..
"Have you packed yet?"
It always perplexes me that people ask me this question. They should know me better by now. If by packed, you mean, "is everything you own on a heap in the centre of your room?" then by golly, the answer is yes. But if you actually want things folded and in a suitcase.. well, that's a whole different story. Anyway, as I see it, it's more exciting to pack at the last minute. The pressure! The stress! It's so much fun.
Besides, I have like 9 hours before I leave for the airport. That's plenty of time. It's so much nicer to sit outside and read.
And if I don't pack, then the fact that I will be in 4 different airports in 15 hours, one of them twice, so that makes 5 airports overall - and I don't even get to go overseas, dammit! - will just remain an abstract concept. It's a self-preservation technique.
Plus, I hear that it's cold over there on the East coast. The cold and I are not good friends.
It's okay. 7 weeks to Puerto Rico! Where the warm sun and I shall reunite..
It always perplexes me that people ask me this question. They should know me better by now. If by packed, you mean, "is everything you own on a heap in the centre of your room?" then by golly, the answer is yes. But if you actually want things folded and in a suitcase.. well, that's a whole different story. Anyway, as I see it, it's more exciting to pack at the last minute. The pressure! The stress! It's so much fun.
Besides, I have like 9 hours before I leave for the airport. That's plenty of time. It's so much nicer to sit outside and read.
And if I don't pack, then the fact that I will be in 4 different airports in 15 hours, one of them twice, so that makes 5 airports overall - and I don't even get to go overseas, dammit! - will just remain an abstract concept. It's a self-preservation technique.
Plus, I hear that it's cold over there on the East coast. The cold and I are not good friends.
It's okay. 7 weeks to Puerto Rico! Where the warm sun and I shall reunite..
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home