mardi, février 10, 2004

As a continuation of the previous post, I'd like to further illuminate how my friend has one of the sweetest boyfriends ever.

I told him to definitely not get her a Kitchenaid mixer, and sent him several links to other sites, including some purse sites and a couple of jewelry sites. Nothing special, just places I like, and my tastes vary so much from my friend's that I wasn't even sure if these would be useful.

And this is what he wrote in response:
I'd like to say that your talents were truly wasted by medical school. HOW COULD YOU HAVE SPENT TWO YEARS DOING THIS STUFF when you're so adept at the fashion world, pulling out designer jewelers that I couldn't have found if I'd googled for years.

These ideas will last for longer than v-day...which is great because I always need insight into the woman's mind. (We all know it's a scary place for a guy to explore).

I especially liked boucherjewelry.com...will have to get her next b-day present from here. Mad props to you for being the connoisseur of all things nice.

Crankypants doesn't know what he's got, does he?
Seriously. He has now supplanted Harold as my new favourite person. It only takes a bit of flattery. I'm easy like that. As does alluding to the fact that crankypants is an ungrateful wretch (although I apparently have the best V-day present from him ever, according to another friend. We'll see).