Doing my duty.
Since I decided to be a good American citizen, I sent away for my absentee ballot. However, as always, when it comes to the goverment they have to make matters as confusing as possible.
On the front, the booklet says "Official Absentee/Vote By Mail Ballot." It contains one official ballot card, one official ballor card secrecy sleeve, and one ballot return envelope (which is a lovely shade of lavendar. Why lavendar? It is so.. un-governmental.)
On the inside, it says, "as a cost savings measure this condensed voter booklet has been printed as an absentee ballot voting guide only. Your Official Sample Ballot and Voter Information booklet with information pertaining to local candidates and measures is being mailed separately." This took me a long time to process. If the "Official Sample Ballot and Voter Information booklet" was being mailed later, then what did I receive? What is this guide? Does this mean the real ballot is coming later? Or is this the real ballot? After musing on this for 15 minutes, I realised that they were going to later send me this big honking booklet with everyone's high school-esque "Why you should vote for me" essays. However, I don't see how this saves money, having to mail two separate books. Just print it all in one. Also, now I have to wait before I can fill in the little bubbles (what happened to chads?)
Also, there are four blank pages that just say "Go to next page" with a big arrow. I'm not sure purpose this excess waste of paper serves.
Also, the main reason for my sending away for the primary election absentee ballot was to vote in the national primaries. I want my guy Clark to have my vote. Not that he's even still in the race. Stinkyhead. Yet I apparently only get to vote for people running for county positions. I am very confused. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm a nonpartisan voter, so that I can do things like vote Republican for Governor of California (no, it was not Arnold. The guy doesn't even speak English properly.) But I don't know the difference between all these people running, and will probably just end up filling in bubbles because I like the candidate's name.
I really should take this more seriously. What if I want to run for office some day? I think I would make a great judge. After redoing the ugly robe, of course.
On the front, the booklet says "Official Absentee/Vote By Mail Ballot." It contains one official ballot card, one official ballor card secrecy sleeve, and one ballot return envelope (which is a lovely shade of lavendar. Why lavendar? It is so.. un-governmental.)
On the inside, it says, "as a cost savings measure this condensed voter booklet has been printed as an absentee ballot voting guide only. Your Official Sample Ballot and Voter Information booklet with information pertaining to local candidates and measures is being mailed separately." This took me a long time to process. If the "Official Sample Ballot and Voter Information booklet" was being mailed later, then what did I receive? What is this guide? Does this mean the real ballot is coming later? Or is this the real ballot? After musing on this for 15 minutes, I realised that they were going to later send me this big honking booklet with everyone's high school-esque "Why you should vote for me" essays. However, I don't see how this saves money, having to mail two separate books. Just print it all in one. Also, now I have to wait before I can fill in the little bubbles (what happened to chads?)
Also, there are four blank pages that just say "Go to next page" with a big arrow. I'm not sure purpose this excess waste of paper serves.
Also, the main reason for my sending away for the primary election absentee ballot was to vote in the national primaries. I want my guy Clark to have my vote. Not that he's even still in the race. Stinkyhead. Yet I apparently only get to vote for people running for county positions. I am very confused. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm a nonpartisan voter, so that I can do things like vote Republican for Governor of California (no, it was not Arnold. The guy doesn't even speak English properly.) But I don't know the difference between all these people running, and will probably just end up filling in bubbles because I like the candidate's name.
I really should take this more seriously. What if I want to run for office some day? I think I would make a great judge. After redoing the ugly robe, of course.
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home