In 11 days, I will be in Puerto Rico. You have no idea how excited I am, especially since this has been the worst winter ever in the northeast. I have reached new depths of pale. I look forward to a week of tanning on the beach, reading and checking out hot surfers (just to annoy crankypants).
On my to do list, in no particular order:
On my to do list, in no particular order:
- Buy sunscreen. Or I could just borrow from crankypants. He has three different kinds! One for his face, one for his body, and... well. I'm not sure what the third one is for.
- Lose 10 pounds. Now, this just isn't going to happen. But, it would be rather nice if I woke up one morning to see that my gym-going has indeed paid off. It probably would have paid off if I didn't get onion rings or macaroni and cheese on my way home from the gym. And oops, I might have bought some chocolate while up in Boston. It's okay, I'll quickly get tan, and then it'll look like I've lost 10 pounds. That, and nobody will be staring at my stomach when they can stare at my chest. Guys are so easy.
- Figure out if 4 bikinis are enough for 7 days. No further explanation needed.
- Buy enough books to last me a week. I already know I'm going to have to bring down a suitcase full of reading material. Thankfully, you can check two bags!
- Restring my tennis racquet. I will lump buying a tennis skirt with this also. I don't think I've played tennis in over 5 years. I used to be somewhat good. No longer. It's okay. I've already said that I'm only going to play in flipflops, as that helps my game. Besides, if the ball doesn't come to me, no way I'm chasing it down.
- Find a summer job. This isn't actually related to the trip. But I've given myself 2 weeks to get off my lazy ass and write cover letters telling professors that they totally want to hire me for a research assistant job for the summer. Because I'm hard-working and a quick study, and all that jazz. So if anyone knows any psychology or education professors in LA, please let them know about me.
- Pack. I hate packing. (Not surprisingly, I generally hate tasks that can be.. um, outsourced, to a help staff, which I don't have yet. Unless my friend Kate counts. She'll pack for me.) It's just so overwhelming, trying to figure out what one might want to wear in the future. I'm not going to know my state of mind in a couple of days! Therefore, how can I possibly know what I might want to wear?
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home