mardi, février 03, 2004

Just being mean.

I realise I do post a lot about crankypants, even though I never see him. It's because the rest of my life is so boring right now. Perhaps after I return from a weekend in New York, something fun will have happened. Until then, here is a snippet from his latest email:
I've ordered your Valentine's present--and I bet you have no idea what it is! For some strange reason that gives me a satisfied feeling....
Perhaps I shouldn't be complaining over the fact that I have a boyfriend and he's finally wised up and is going to get me a present for Valentine's day. Hell, he actually remembers that I'm visiting that weekend. However, did he have to be so...cruel in teasing me with the fact that he's bought a present. This is called Rubbing It In My Face. He knows I hate it when he does this, which just means that he does it every time my birthday/Christmas/some other big gift-giving holiday rolls around. It's just not fair. I'm not good when surprises are being dangled in my face. And crankypants knows this. That Greek myth, Tantalus? I hated it. I felt for the poor guy.