mardi, février 24, 2004

My new love.

Ever since Scarlett Ace introduced the Japanese Chin to me, I have been head-over-heels, completely gaga in love with this adorable puppy. As a matter of fact, this has been made my new computer background, replacing the former picture of the Greek Mediterranean which had reigned there for the past year or so.

Naturally, I had to look up the characteristics of this darling dog, so I headed over to the American Kennel Club webpage, where you can also download a video of these puppies prancing around in all their magnificent glory. This is what the AKC has to say about Japanese Chins:
In Japan, there are Inu (dogs) and there are Chin. To the Japanese the distinction needs no clarification. Chin are royalty. They are descendants of dogs that warmed the laps of Chinese aristocracy and kept court with the ladies of the Imperial Palace.

Well, obviously I would have a dog like this. It would suit my needs perfectly. I need an aristrocratic dog. Anything less would quite simply not work.

He is sensitive, though, with definite likes and dislikes, but rarely, if ever, does he forget friend or foe.

This is perfect. I am going to train it to bite guys I don't like, and to pee on the shoes of girls I don't like. It's a miniature, and oh-so-adorable, weapon.

It is light and stylish in action.

All the better to model the doggie sweaters I will obviously be buying for it. And I read somewhere else that they only get up to nine pounds in weight. I think that sometimes, my purse weighs more. It will fit rather well in a little carry-on.

A sensitive and intelligent dog whose only purpose is to serve man as a companion. Responsive and affectionate with those it knows and loves but reserved with strangers or in new situations.

It knows its place in life. This is good, I won't have to train it to be obedient. And this also goes back to it being my personal secret weapon. It will primarily love me and do mean things to people I don't like. It's the perfect plan, you see.
Over the summer, I used to secretly replace crankypants's computer background with a picture of a puppy, before I kindly turned off his computer for the night. He would then bring his laptop into work and boot it up - and then get made fun of when everyone saw the cute puppy pictures. It was great fun. Too bad he didn't take the same point of view. What a spoilsport, sometimes.