dimanche, février 01, 2004

New "career" move

I have determined that I could be a surfer's girlfriend. After watching whatever surfing competition NBC was airing yesterday, I was reminded of how hot Kelly Slater is (as well as other buff surfers), and of how much fun surfing looks. You will never see me out there on those waves, however. Oh no. I am definitely the beach bunny sort. I can sit on the beach and cheer my hot surfing boyfriend on, while working on my tan and eating fish tacos. However, unfortunately most big-name surfers are short. This is unfortunate, but I am willing to make sacrifices. Besides, on the beach, I won't need to (read: can't) wear heels, so as long as he's taller than 5'8, and we spend all of our time on the sand, it will be fine.

Now, I need to find myself a surfer boyfriend. There was an article in the New York Times on Friday, talking about the surfing community in Rincon, Puerto Rico. We are going to Puerto Rico in ooh, just under 5 weeks. Crankypants is excited because he'll get to take surfing lessons. Me? I'm excited because of the following passages from the article:
Note to aspiring female surfers: the instructors tend to be young and attractive, which makes having sunblock rubbed onto your back and shoulders much more enjoyable.

...

"There could be a few more girls here," Mr. Chapman said. "But besides that, what more can a guy ask for in a long weekend?"
Baby, here I come.