lundi, février 09, 2004

This is what my friend's boyfriend is doing for her for Valentine's Day:

First, he asked me to call her up for dinner Thursday. Except that he will show up, a day earlier than expected, rather than me. She is obviously not expecting this at all. She will love this surprise.

Then, for Valentine's day breakfast, he's going to make her fried eggs with heart-shaped egg rings, and pinkish cranberry muffins. He writes, "If you put a baking marble into the muffin pan and use a cup-cake liner, they turn out in the shape of hearts!" He is so excited about this. It is too cute. I'm going to cry, and not just because I'm hormonal.

Then he wanted to get her a Kitchenaid mixer, red for Valentine's Day. While she is a woman of many talents, one of them does not involve cooking. She would have hated this present, wondering if he wanted her to be more domestic.

It's good to know that he's not perfect. Even if I am positively dying with the utter sweetness of his surprise early arrival and the heart-shaped breakfast.