lundi, mars 22, 2004

Grad school update:

So I sent a very nice letter to the Director of Admissions, saying that I was rather confused and didn't want to get my hopes up, so could he please clarify whether or not I had gotten in? And this is what I receive in response:
An official notification was mailed to you on March 9 regarding admission. If you do not receive it by Wednesday of this week, please notify me again.
At first glance, this is a YES! I GOT IN! Then I reread it, and realised that this was the vaguest email ever and that it actually did NOT tell me whether I was in or not. As a matter of fact, it only made things worse. So I called the Office of Admissions, only to get some girl (who sounded like that chick in Orange County who worked in Stanford's Admissions Office) say, "Well, all the information* you've given me is correct, but I still can't tell you over the phone. You'll need to email the Director of Admissions directly." However, his email expressly says to not contact him until Wednesday. So this means I SUFFER in this purgatory of not knowing whether or not I'm freaking in. I don't need this sort of stress.

But I know that this means I'm not in. Because life just works like that.

*The information I gave her consisted of: my name, my SSN, and the fact that I got that confusing email last week. It wasn't rocket science. And just tell me already, so that I stop annoying my friends with my frustration over this topic.