mercredi, mars 24, 2004

Random tidbits.

I generally don't promote products, but I find I have to make the exception for this:
Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating (TM) Scrub
Now,while I have been blessed with skin that never had bad acne, the occassional break-out every six months or so, of late I have bemoaning the pores on my nose. The super-gross-clogged-with-gunk pores on my nose. They're not really blackheads, they're just Icky. Those Biore strips that claim to clear out your pores don't really work. And while I would love to indulge in a monthly facial, I feel that the effects are too temporary to do any long-term good. Plus, it just kills the budget. That $90 could go towards ... I don't know, more shoes and purses I don't really need. But since using this miracle product, my skin has never been smoother. It's like I've had a facial every night. I don't know what it is, maybe the salicyclic acid, maybe the super-large microbeads (my daily Aveeno cleanser has microbeads too teensy to do any good, I've determined) - whatever the cause may be, I can't stop rubbing my smooth just-like-I-had-gotten-a-facial nose.

On a completely unrelated note, I received my Bergdorf Goodman's catalogue yesterday, which is really just one big glamourised advertisement - like Vogue and Elle, but with even less written articles and at about 5 times the weight. Nice thick glossy paper. Anyway, inside there is an interview with Plum Sykes, who has written this marvelous new book called Bergdorf Blondes, which you can bet your pretty penny I'm going to run out and buy. Okay, realistically, there isn't any running. There is online ordering, though. In any case, even though I hate hardcover books because they're too heavy to hold up in bed, I think this one is plenty worth it. (I go through trends when buying hardcover books, because obviously few topics are worthy of arm strain in bed. It used to be biographies of devastatingly charming women who would "inadvertantly" ruin men's lifes, such as Lady Caroline Blackwood and the Mitford sisters. Of late, it has revolved around NY society and topics involved with the fashion industry, such as the aforementioned Bergdorf Blondes and The Devil Wears Prada. Conscious manifestations of my subconscious? Perhaps.)

One last random item: another sign that it needs to spring already? My sweaters drawer and my pants drawer are so heavy that they've fallen off the runners on which they slide, so they no longer open. I don't have the time or energy necessary to fully yank them out so that I can fix said drawers. Plus, to truly fix the drawers, I'd have to get rid of some clothes, and I already did that six months ago. I can't get rid of anything more. But anyway, my drawers not opening means that the only winter wear I have available to me are 3 sweaters, and the pants that I was too lazy to put away last week. Henceforth, it needs to be spring since my tank top drawer is the only one that still opens. And all my skirts are on hangers so I'm safe there. At least, until the closet rod breaks.