vendredi, mars 26, 2004

Two canine-related reasons I love New York.

  1. There are hot dog stands all over the place. Quite literally, I could eat my way through the city. When I lived here 3 years ago, when I'd get out of work early, I'd walk from my job on 23rd up to the Upper West Side, and believe me, I'd stop at nearly every other hot dog stand and treat myself for walking so far. It is so much fun. Good thing I don't live here, I'd get fat off hot dogs.

  2. There are so many cute dogs all over the place. Especially on the Upper East Side, where some of my friends live, and down to the area around Bloomingdales, and then down in SoHo and Nolita. It is the BEST EVER. And lots of people have little white dogs, which are my personal favourite. Please note that there is a pet store on Lexington and 62nd that has the cutest puppies in the window. I could stand there for hours just cooing at the baby yorkies, baby pugs (pugs are still cute when they're little, then they get old and fugly), baby poodles and baby malteses. Today, I couldn't stop myself, and had to go into the store to hold some of them. This little teacup maltese won my heart. I have to have one now. If anyone would like to get me a present, one of these puppies would be perfect.
Between the hot dogs and the white dogs, I don't know which I like more. That's why in my perfect world I'll have lots of both.