Brooke's Wedding Countdown, #2.
In a continuing series, I present you with the second entry in Brooke's wedding diary.
Dear Diary,I was IMing with Brooke yesterday, and honestly, every single line she typed in had a happy face. There's gotta be some tool that dismantles the emoticon possibility on other people's IMs, so that they stop using them.
Yesterday, Mark and I went out with another couple we met last week at a cocktail party. Of course they are married - gosh, I love it that all my friends are married now, I get such useful tips on how to successfully manage my own marriage. Because you know, it's just as hard as holding down a fulltime job. Or even harder, as a matter of fact. After all, I have to keep my man happy - that's numero uno. Every day I make sure that there is a glass of the freshly-squeezed orange juice from Whole Foods that he likes, as well as something to snack on while he checks his email when he gets home. I'm off to a good start, I've been told :)
The other day, one of my friends from high school asked if I had only married friends, and wow, I tried thinking so hard if any of Mark's friends from college/law school were single, but I couldn't come up with a single name! She must just be bitter that she's not married yet. After all, isn't this what we were bred to do? Besides, then she has nobody to take care of. That must make her very sad :(
Anyway back to Saturday night. I got so drunk, I can't believe it!!! I swear I only had three white wine spritzers, but hooey, did I feel it! I must have been making an absolute fool of myself, falling all over Mark and other people. At one point, I think that my pearls got entangled in the buttons of someone else's twinset, and it took ages to get us untangled! Teehee. Then we went home, and I was all ready to get it on with my beloved, but then I fell asleep while I was in the bathroom doing number two. Next time, I promise I'm going to limit myself to only one white wine spritzer, because I was sick the entire next day :( I need to remember to heed Mom's advice that women in our family have a very low tolerance - but gee, those spritzers tasted like grape juice, they were so sweet! :)
In other news, Mark and I finally picked out our wedding bands!!! It took ages to find appropriate ones, and while Mom wasn't there to help us choose, I was on the phone with her the entire time. Thankfully, Mom and I got camera phones so that I could instantly send pictures of our options to her! I don't know what we'd do without these marvelous inventions. It's so hard not having her here by my side when I have to make such important decisions! :(
So the decision came down between a plain yellow gold band and a gold band with pronged diamonds. It was such a difficult choice, but I eventually went with the one Mom chose. After all, Mark did say it was my decision. While he definitely preferred the first one, we ended up choosing the second ring. It's such a bling ring :) He's going to be a lawyer, I might as well have rings befitting a lawyer's wife!! :) Anything less would simply not do, Mom says. She should know, she's married to a lawyer. And she knows best.
Then we made scallops and orange roughy to celebrate buying the rings :) Actually, Mark made them because even though Mom signed me up for a cooking class, all we learned how to do was to dice vegetables and make stock. But the scallops were amazing. I love scallops! Their colour reminds me of the colour of my wedding dress :) The orange roughy was so tender too, and such a pretty white. I wonder what Mom would say if I wanted all the food at the wedding to be white. Actually, that wouldn't go with the colour scheme at all, and Mom spent so long finding the perfect blue ribbons for the programs. Maybe the second bridal shower can feature all-white food. To remind people of the purity and sanctity of the event :)
Our sixth year anniversary is this weekend :) I can't believe it's only been six years, it feels as though we've been together forever :)
Love,
Brookie :) :)
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home