vendredi, avril 23, 2004

It explains so much..

From Reuters.com:
You Really May Be Addicted to that Chocolate Cake
So my food addiction would be akin to a drug abuse problem. Really, it makes so much sense now, why I am always (and I do not exaggerate) thinking about food. This is why I make restaurant reservations as far in advance as I can get them. I like to know where my next meal is coming from. I avidly read restaurant reviews for all cities I frequent. (Because as a "jetsetter" - haha - there are multiple cities.) You'd have thought that I was starved while growing up, but nothing could be further from the case. If you ask any one of my friends, they'll vouch for the fact that I think about food at least 50% of the time. It's more like 75%, actually. (The rest of the time, I think of shopping, of the cute white fluffy puppy I will someday own and of how my tan lines have sadly faded.)

Please note the most favourite food items listed in the article:
  • bacon-egg-cheese sandwich. Check. It combines all the great foodstuffs into one easy-to-eat package.
  • cinnamon bun. Not so much, although this bakery down the street makes the most amazing "old-fashioned cinnamon buns," which are nothing more than a vehicle for sugar and cinnamon.
  • pizza. OhmyGod, check, underline twice and circle. I am on a monstrous pizza rampage right now. So bad, that I've even started buying microwave pizzas so I won't have to change out of my pjs to satisfy my craving. And I'm actually enjoying the microwave pizzas. (Note: Those Lean Cuisine ones, with the "crispy crust"? Like all diet food, they are gross and taste like cardboard.)
  • hamburger with cheese. Definitely check. There is nothing like a nice, juicy, medium-rare burger, with a slice of melted cheese. I'd also like sautéed mushrooms and caramelised onions on top, please.
  • fried chicken. Check. Mm. I love fried chicken. There's nothing quite like it. I admit to frequenting KFC every once in awhile. Plus, their buttermilk biscuits are amazing.
  • lasagna. Finally, something that I don't crave. I'm sure I could, if I thought enough about it.
  • Bar-Be-Que rib. Check and star! There is not enough BBQ in this world. I'm going to assume that this category includes pulled pork, because that is one of my all-time favourite things to eat. Not North Carolina style, which has this vinagry sauce, but with lots of BBQ sauce. But I like ribs too, even if they're a tad messy.
  • ice cream. Thankfully, I'm not a big ice cream person. But I do like French vanilla. And Mint and Chip. I just never get cravings for it.
  • brownie. The same goes for brownies.
  • chocolate cake. What's the difference between chocolate cake and brownies? The shape? The amount of chocolate within?
  • Now this has only served to make me hungry again, dammit. But I'm glad that there's a scientific explanation for all of this, it makes me feel much better. The metabolism in my brain has gotta be racing faster than a sprinter right now. (Sorry for the poor analogy, I couldn't think of anything else.) I will happily volunteer for the next stage of this study, if there is one. Believe me, what you'd get out of my brain would be priceless, I'm sure.

    Incidentally, this is the diet I should be on. It lets me drink lots! Please note:
    ...most of the things you like best don't have to be counted at all: steak and whisky, chicken and gin, ham, caviar, pâté de foie gras, rum and roast pheasant, veal cutlets and vodka, frogs legs and lobster claws--they all count as zero.
    I am in heaven.