Vegas, baby!
Anyone who knows me knows how much I hate Vegas (too-bright lights, too much noise, fat/sad/both people gambling away their lives, mainly buffet dining, in the middle of the desert in a landlocked state). Nevertheless, when Kevin said he was going to go in the middle of the summer for his birthday - well, how could I pass up an opportunity to drink and party with him in the sinner's capital of the world?
This probably means I'm going to be subjected to more gambling and strip clubs than I want. Oh well. It's worth it, once.
Good thing crankypants more often than not goes along with my wishes and desires. It would be such a pain otherwise.
What I want to know is why rooms are so damn expensive for summer weekends. Yes, I know, peak season, blah, blah, blah. Shouldn't they offer cheaper rooms so you spend more money gambling? Maybe if I didn't insist on at least 4-star hotels, but I'm a brat and I'm scared that anything fewer will have bugs or have cheap decor. And I hate those ugly nylon-ish comforters you get at cheaper hotels - all covered in germs, ew. I shudder thinking of all the bacteria floating about. Also, studies have shown that the higher the price of a hotel room, the lower the bacteria count. So really, it's for my own health and, more importantly, peace of mind.
Anyway, go in the middle of the week, and you get rates like $89 at The Palms and $129 at The Venetian. But go on the weekends, and you're looking at $349 and $309, respectively, which is just obscene. But it's okay, where we're staying, they have 3 pools, a beach, a river on which you can float in inner tubes and a hammerhead shark (which has its own reef and is not swimming around freely, obviously). And they have his and hers closets! Now I don't have to share!
On a side note, you know The Palms is a classy place when they offer a "Tattoo for you" package, that includes yes, a 1-hour tattoo session.
This probably means I'm going to be subjected to more gambling and strip clubs than I want. Oh well. It's worth it, once.
Good thing crankypants more often than not goes along with my wishes and desires. It would be such a pain otherwise.
What I want to know is why rooms are so damn expensive for summer weekends. Yes, I know, peak season, blah, blah, blah. Shouldn't they offer cheaper rooms so you spend more money gambling? Maybe if I didn't insist on at least 4-star hotels, but I'm a brat and I'm scared that anything fewer will have bugs or have cheap decor. And I hate those ugly nylon-ish comforters you get at cheaper hotels - all covered in germs, ew. I shudder thinking of all the bacteria floating about. Also, studies have shown that the higher the price of a hotel room, the lower the bacteria count. So really, it's for my own health and, more importantly, peace of mind.
Anyway, go in the middle of the week, and you get rates like $89 at The Palms and $129 at The Venetian. But go on the weekends, and you're looking at $349 and $309, respectively, which is just obscene. But it's okay, where we're staying, they have 3 pools, a beach, a river on which you can float in inner tubes and a hammerhead shark (which has its own reef and is not swimming around freely, obviously). And they have his and hers closets! Now I don't have to share!
On a side note, you know The Palms is a classy place when they offer a "Tattoo for you" package, that includes yes, a 1-hour tattoo session.
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home