Always up to something.
I have this disease where I think about food about 80% of the time. Maybe 90%. I am Always Thinking About Food. Where my next meal will come from. What I'm going to order at a particular restaurant. My favourite dishes at my favourite restaurants. What new restaurants have opened, and when we can go to them. Etcetc. It makes being productive really hard. But this is why I generally always make restaurant reservations - nothing annoys me more than going out to eat and not knowing where we're going at what time.
Anyway, last week crankypants and I went to dinner, and because it was on a weekday - well, I hadn't made reservations, because weekdays are exempt from the reservations need. So in the car, crankypants asked what I wanted to eat, and being ever-so-accomodating (as is not my wont), I responded with a very sweet, "Whatever you want."
Most people would be happy with this response. Not him. "Something's up. You always either want something or need something. I just need to figure out what." Dammit. He's smart.
Luckily, he's not that smart. He thinks I really want my white fluffy dog. While this is indeed true (one year, and he'll get me a puppy! - although he says he's thisclose to getting me Linus), what I have up this particular sleeve is that there are 2 days left to June, and then he's Dead Meat because then he will have completely forgotten our anniversary - and he had a very lenient 30 days from which to choose - and he's going to have to make it up in the biggest way. Haha!
Anyway, last week crankypants and I went to dinner, and because it was on a weekday - well, I hadn't made reservations, because weekdays are exempt from the reservations need. So in the car, crankypants asked what I wanted to eat, and being ever-so-accomodating (as is not my wont), I responded with a very sweet, "Whatever you want."
Most people would be happy with this response. Not him. "Something's up. You always either want something or need something. I just need to figure out what." Dammit. He's smart.
Luckily, he's not that smart. He thinks I really want my white fluffy dog. While this is indeed true (one year, and he'll get me a puppy! - although he says he's thisclose to getting me Linus), what I have up this particular sleeve is that there are 2 days left to June, and then he's Dead Meat because then he will have completely forgotten our anniversary - and he had a very lenient 30 days from which to choose - and he's going to have to make it up in the biggest way. Haha!
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home