mardi, juin 29, 2004

The Bachelorette Party!




If you've been following this at all, you'll know that this past weekend we had Brooke's Bachelorette Party. [insert super-excitement here] Very kindly, Katie's father loaned us his beach house in Orange County for the entire weekend, and also paid for all food and alcohol we consumed in his house, as well as the limo for Saturday night. (Not to be outdone, Katie's mother - her parents are divorced - paid for a very lavish dinner Friday night.) Here are some pictures from the event - all the good pictures are unfortunately still on my other camera, and need to be developed. But here's a taste.



These are the monogrammed goodie bags that we put together for everyone. They all contain a personalised margarita glass and mix CD and a penis-shaped swizzle stick (nothing but the classiest!). The bride's bag also contained a tiara, an inflated penis balloon and a candy necklace. You know, the essential going-out accessories.



This is Chad, our pin-up doll. We couldn't find pin-the-penis on the pin-up, so instead it was bow ties. We were all aiming for his neck, where a bow tie should properly go. Brooke was aiming for the crotch region, and you'll see she got quite close (hers is the brown bow-tie very close to his underwear). Me, I don't have so much aim. Mine is the one on the ankle.



This is some of the alcohol we consumed. Note the cute festive margarita glasses. Here, we're drinking chocolate martinis - equal parts vanilla Stoli and creme de cacao, with a floater of Godive liqueur, and a rim of cocoa powder. After this, we played that wonderful drinking game, Never Have I Ever, and I learned far more about Brooke's sex life than I wanted to know.




This is more alcohol. Please note that there are six bottles of wine. Those are Katie's dad's "cheaper" bottles. The red is a 1990 vintage. It was amazing. There was a lot more white in the fridge, along with bottles of Veuve Cliquot. We actually did not get through it all, surprisingly. But that's because after I started making Negronis (equal parts Campari, gin and Punta Mes, along with half a juiced orange), we didn't really remember that the wine existed.



Because I am obsessed with food, this is the pizza that I made using the pizza oven. It had pepperoni, mushrooms, roasted garlic, provolone and mozzarella cheese. It was amazing. It was even better in the morning when I was hungover beyond belief. Yum. Pizza.

So Friday night was the quiet night, as everyone had to get down to the beach house. We had dinner, then played drinking games. After a day tanning outside, Saturday evening we made pizza, drank some more, then took the limo up to Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood, where we went to such infamous establishments such as Saddle Ranch Chop House, where we made Brooke ride a mechanical bull, and Miyagi's, where we danced some. I hope never to return to these places - they're so gross and icky, but absolutely perfect for a bachelorette party because they're full of sketchy guys who will eat candy off Brooke's candy necklace, and make a big production out of the entire affair. The penis balloon was an amazing hit. So it was fun, even if the bachelorette was more appropriately attired for an evening at the country club instead of an evening out on the town. Who wears white pants going out? But whatever. What's important is that we all had tons of fun, were very drunk the entire weekend... and ohmygod it's so scary that the next time I see Brooke will be in August, for her wedding. But I'll have a fit later about how we're too young at 24 to be getting married.

Good times were had, and that's all that matters.