jeudi, août 19, 2004

I am also a big fat dork...

.. in addition to being a big fat liar (see, well, any post regarding my resolution to swear off guys).

For my birthday, I want a new personal digital assistant. I have dreams of sitting in the park or on the T (haha, wait, I forgot I generally avoid public transportation like the plague) or in a coffeeshop and editing papers on it. Sure, I can do that with my laptop, but these things weigh far less than a pound. And then I can store pictures on it too, and mp3s, and I can play games on it.. the only thing this gadget won't do is weed out the potential boyfriends from the scum. Unless, I am in a wireless spot and can connect to the internet... it's virtually unstoppable!

I was torn between this one and this one. Look at them. Shiny. They are amazing powerhouses packed in a stylish slim instrument. One that can fit in all but my teensiest handbags.

But now I've settled on this one. It might not be as pretty as the other two (but hey, I've been living with an ugly dinosaur of a Palm VIIx; anything is more attractive), but it has everything I want. And I can get a discount on it so my parents aren't paying an obscene amount of money for yet another gadget I "need" (seeing that I just got a new laptop, and am apparently promised a new digital camera as well - and then the new cell phone in a couple of months..*).

Yes, usually I request jewelry for my presents. But I - gasp! - have so much, the only thing left I really really want is a sparkly diamond ring, and not one that my parents have given me. Besides, they already gave me one. I want a new one. Preferably from a hot, charming, devoted and faithful male. Followed a year later by a big party where I get to wear a pretty white dress. You get where I'm going with this.

So back to my PDA. The order has been placed, it's on its way and should arrive just before my birthday in a little over 3 weeks. Technology over jewelry and shoes. I am such a techno-geek. Who would've guessed?


*But no. I do not have an iPod. That, I don't actually need. I am perfectly capable of walking around in a self-induced haze, oblivious to all, without the aid of music blasting in my ears.