jeudi, août 26, 2004

I could write about my flights (beautifully uneventful). I could write about how the UPS here sucks (the service window is closed from 12:30-4:30PM, what's up with that?). I could write about how fascinating my unpacking went (never again, I swear). I could write about how the damn jackhammers woke me up at 8AM (grrr.)

Nah. That's all boring. But what I can post (especially since I have no imagination right now), because I have wonderfully convinced myself that I am infatuated with him, are snippets from Charlie's emails. Because I wanna get to gush too, Scarlett doesn't get to have all the fun. Although dammit, he hasn't brought up rings yet. Baby steps, silly, baby steps.
I wanted to write you, but was having trouble tracking down your email address. I seem to have remembered the wrong grad program, and your alumni account is apparently a closely guarded secret.* I even went so far as to randomly email a guy in my class here at law school who went to your school. But he never got back to me, as he seems to have taken me to be some sort of stalker.
I'm sorry, but I think it's simply adorable that he randomly emailed someone with whom I might have gone to college. Of course, Charlie is a flaming moron for not remembering my email address in the first place, as it's just my first name-last name with the proper alumni ending. Or he could have emailed BrookeandMark (as the married couple shall henceforth be known) - but I think that like me, he doesn't really want to involve them in this.
BTW, I don't know if you've seen the wedding pics yet, but a certain bridesmaid is looking especially hot ...
What girl doesn't like flattery? One of fuckwit's major failings is that he didn't compliment me enough. Or make that at all. He took for granted that every day I would magically appear with makeup on and in a properly cute outfit. Good thing I enjoyed doing that for myself. Anyway, I don't care if these are glib lines coming from Charlie, sometimes it does a girl's ego good to hear them anyway. I am falling for them because I want to fall for them.

And I have decided that in his pictures, he looks rather like a brooding English poet, which isn't too shabby. Generally not my type, but, goshdarnit, it's so fun to have a full-fledged innocent crush on someone again.

He doesn't have my shoe though, dammit. Guess I'll just give up looking for it.


*As with many institutions of higher learning, while you are a student at a university, it only takes a simple directory search to be found. However, once you become an alum of said institution, your alumni address is suddenly password protected, only to be found by people who also attended the same school.