I'm dreadfully boring of late, as All I Have Been Doing has been unpacking the Many boxes I have. Am I done? Of course not, I stashed everything in my closets so that I don't see them. Out of sight, definitely out of mind. (Yes, that's right. I have two closets. And then there are the hallway closets, which are half mine. Yet I still have no room for all my clothes. What in the world did I do for the last three years with one puny closet? Even I'm not sure.)
And because I'm all about travelling (wait, did I just get back to the East coast but a mere two days ago?), it's off to New York for the weekend! Naturally, two restaurants have been chosen by yours truly. I am somewhat of a control freak when it comes to plans. Charlie is indeed joining us for the first night (good thing it's not the second, who knows if his dislike of France extends to overly French restaurants). He's a brave guy, wanting to meet my friends, especially as Friday's dinner is a smaller one, with just me, Karina and Kevin. Kevin, who thinks this entire affair is beyond funny. Kevin, who has promised me he'd behave but we all know he won't, especially as he plans to take me out for happy hour because, as he put it, "we all know [you] want to be drunk when you see Charlie again." And then Nick is joining us later? That is, if he's not mad at me for inviting him to dinner, then when I realised neither Kevin nor Karina can stand him, which means it'd have been just me talking to him, I uninvited him, creating a big fat lie (when I lie, I lie elaborately) telling him that really, he should just join us for drinks for various reasons. He knows I'm single. Which is why it'll be perfect that Charlie is there so we can fawn over each other and hopefully Nick will get the message once and for all that we really are never going to get together ever again Ah, GOOD TIMES. At the very least, there should be enough good stories that'll keep me writing interesting posts for the next week to make up for this week of banality.
Or watch Charlie and/or Nick cancel at the last minute, leaving me high and dry. Nah. Nick will ever cancel on me. But even if Charlie does, lord knows I can find drama on my own.
As an aside, I am also unfortunately out of vodka and limoncello. There is still plenty of gin and vodka - but no tonic, dammit, as well as various french liqueurs, so I'm not completely out of things to drink, but still. This situation must be rectified next week.
Actually, what am I doing, writing? I need to pack! (Such a common refrain as of late..)
And because I'm all about travelling (wait, did I just get back to the East coast but a mere two days ago?), it's off to New York for the weekend! Naturally, two restaurants have been chosen by yours truly. I am somewhat of a control freak when it comes to plans. Charlie is indeed joining us for the first night (good thing it's not the second, who knows if his dislike of France extends to overly French restaurants). He's a brave guy, wanting to meet my friends, especially as Friday's dinner is a smaller one, with just me, Karina and Kevin. Kevin, who thinks this entire affair is beyond funny. Kevin, who has promised me he'd behave but we all know he won't, especially as he plans to take me out for happy hour because, as he put it, "we all know [you] want to be drunk when you see Charlie again." And then Nick is joining us later? That is, if he's not mad at me for inviting him to dinner, then when I realised neither Kevin nor Karina can stand him, which means it'd have been just me talking to him, I uninvited him, creating a big fat lie (when I lie, I lie elaborately) telling him that really, he should just join us for drinks for various reasons. He knows I'm single. Which is why it'll be perfect that Charlie is there so we can fawn over each other and hopefully Nick will get the message once and for all that we really are never going to get together ever again Ah, GOOD TIMES. At the very least, there should be enough good stories that'll keep me writing interesting posts for the next week to make up for this week of banality.
Or watch Charlie and/or Nick cancel at the last minute, leaving me high and dry. Nah. Nick will ever cancel on me. But even if Charlie does, lord knows I can find drama on my own.
As an aside, I am also unfortunately out of vodka and limoncello. There is still plenty of gin and vodka - but no tonic, dammit, as well as various french liqueurs, so I'm not completely out of things to drink, but still. This situation must be rectified next week.
Actually, what am I doing, writing? I need to pack! (Such a common refrain as of late..)
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home