So to finish up yesterday's story.
We had chosen Blue-tie Guy for Scarlett. Just because we could. It was based on nothing more than pure girlish mischef - hey, that's what happens when you stick a bunch of girls together and leave them with nothing to do but make fun of other guests' weird weird outfits (see: brown suede stiletto clog mules).
Anyway, I could have honestly given two shits about Blue-tie Guy. He was a fun and harmless diversion, spiced up the party some, etcetc.
Until he asked for my number.
Dammit, I swear, Scarlett, we picked him out for you, so if you still want him you can have him. Yes, I do realise that you didn't want him in the first place and nearly killed me when I sent Comedy Guy to talk to him so that's why I didn't feel bad giving him my number. Besides, you said it was okay. I swear on my future little white dog that we all totally meant for the two of you to get together. Based on what, I don't know. But we were supposed to find you the love of your life, not some trivial dalliance for me. What he wants with a mouthy and contrary little pain in the ass like myself is beyond me.
Anyway, he said he'd call. And while before I wouldn't have cared if I never saw him again - now that he said those words I find myself nearly permanently attached to my cell phone in the hopes that he'll call. Damn expectations. And damn guys for raising such expectations.
I mean, seriously. I'm not even sure what this guy's name is, much less what he looks like. (Scarlett says he looks like this, but I'm not so sure.) If we met somewhere, he'd have to wear a stupid blue tie just so that I could identify him.
This is pathetic. I only have 3 weeks left in LA also, so it's not like anything could really happen. Hell, to make it a decent summer fling I'd have to sleep with him on the first date in order to accelerate matters and bring them up to proper speed.
So why do I hold my breath every time my phone rings?
[Addendum]
Comedy Guy - who will not leave me alone, dammit, but that's a whole different matter - told me that Blue-tie Guy apparently wears ties all the time (yay! I love a guy in a tie!) and that he's recently divorced (which while I should be shuddering over the amount of baggage this means, I'm perversely intrigued because this obviously is just a summer fling and I've never gone out with a divorced guy).
We had chosen Blue-tie Guy for Scarlett. Just because we could. It was based on nothing more than pure girlish mischef - hey, that's what happens when you stick a bunch of girls together and leave them with nothing to do but make fun of other guests' weird weird outfits (see: brown suede stiletto clog mules).
Anyway, I could have honestly given two shits about Blue-tie Guy. He was a fun and harmless diversion, spiced up the party some, etcetc.
Until he asked for my number.
Dammit, I swear, Scarlett, we picked him out for you, so if you still want him you can have him. Yes, I do realise that you didn't want him in the first place and nearly killed me when I sent Comedy Guy to talk to him so that's why I didn't feel bad giving him my number. Besides, you said it was okay. I swear on my future little white dog that we all totally meant for the two of you to get together. Based on what, I don't know. But we were supposed to find you the love of your life, not some trivial dalliance for me. What he wants with a mouthy and contrary little pain in the ass like myself is beyond me.
Anyway, he said he'd call. And while before I wouldn't have cared if I never saw him again - now that he said those words I find myself nearly permanently attached to my cell phone in the hopes that he'll call. Damn expectations. And damn guys for raising such expectations.
I mean, seriously. I'm not even sure what this guy's name is, much less what he looks like. (Scarlett says he looks like this, but I'm not so sure.) If we met somewhere, he'd have to wear a stupid blue tie just so that I could identify him.
This is pathetic. I only have 3 weeks left in LA also, so it's not like anything could really happen. Hell, to make it a decent summer fling I'd have to sleep with him on the first date in order to accelerate matters and bring them up to proper speed.
So why do I hold my breath every time my phone rings?
[Addendum]
Comedy Guy - who will not leave me alone, dammit, but that's a whole different matter - told me that Blue-tie Guy apparently wears ties all the time (yay! I love a guy in a tie!) and that he's recently divorced (which while I should be shuddering over the amount of baggage this means, I'm perversely intrigued because this obviously is just a summer fling and I've never gone out with a divorced guy).
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home