mardi, août 24, 2004

The summer is already over?!

And I'm off!

Red-eye to Providence, via Charlotte.

At least I am flying first class again. That's all I can say.

Nothing like watching the sun rise in an airport. It's so damn depressing. Plus, there is no good breakfast food at 6AM. I don't like plastic-wrapped bagels. I want fresh ones. With real scrambled eggs. Not the ones you cook in a microwave. Ooh, and bacon and a slice of real cheddar cheese. Yum.

But that's not to be. Oh well. I am perfectly content with an Egg McMuffin and some hash browns. Yummy. Except sometimes McDonald's isn't open before dawn in airports. Boo.

Then I hop into my car, drive up to Boston - and get immeasurably depressed because I Never Unpacked after moving in May, so all my stuff is in boxes EVERYWHERE. And when I say everywhere, I mean including the bathroom, where all my china and books and alcohol are stored. (What is a 23-year-old doing with china? Why can't I be a minimalist and live with but the bare necessities?) I can't even get to my toilet, let alone my shower. And my car is crammed with stuff too. Bleeeeeech.

That is okay. I will get a sandwich and some chocolate and start unpacking. Okay, let's be real. Add several bottles of wine to that list.

And because I am so responsible, I am headed to New York early Friday morning. Hmm. I'm so not going to be unpacked by then. But there is much eating and drinking and carousing to be done - how could I stay away?

First, however, I actually have to pack all my stuff so that I can board my plane. And of course last night we had to hit my favourite wine bar one last time, where the bartender kept refilling my glass all night long, and then only charged me $5. So now I'm hungover, too. Dammit! Where are those servants when you need them?!