mardi, septembre 14, 2004

For dainties are all Kates..

So the weekend wasn't all about half-naked/fully-naked men. Seriously! I went down to visit my friend Kate, who is one of the funniest people ever!

Me: I am so full I'm going to die.
Kate: Go puke. But first drink a beer. Then it's alcoholism, not bulemia.

[looking through a cocktail book for drink ideas for party]
Kate: None of these drinks have any alcohol in them!
Me: That's because you're in the mocktail section.
Kate: Oh. I thought it was like a quiz, and you were supposed to figure out what alcohol went best with the drink, and that the answers would be in the back.

[Still looking through the book. This is our bedtime reading, by the way.]
Kate: I have gotten to the 6th ingredient in this drink and there is still no alcohol! Keep this book away from me at the party, because I know I'm just going to take a sharpie to it and write "NEEDS MORE VODKA" everywhere.

[Eating dinner with her roommates.]
Kate: [lets out a huge gigantic burp]
One of Kate's roommates: [answers with a burp of her own]
The other roommate: [burps also - what is wrong with these girls?!]
Kate: You realise I [another burp] found the perfect roommates.

Upon reflection, she sounds like an alcoholic with gas problems. (And perhaps then the title of this post doesn't quite work - but bonus points if you can figure out where the title comes from.) But isn't that what makes her fun?