mardi, septembre 21, 2004



I am apparently not used to being back in class yet. I look at the instructors and I see their mouths moving, but all I hear is "blahblahBLAHblahblahBLAHblahBLAH." I must work on this. So instead of trying to pay attention, I tried to figure out how to write about my weekend in an interesting manner.

But that failed too. There is a reason why, when I was an undergrad, I ran the business side of the newspaper instead of doing the more popular writing thing. I know the basics of writing - and even some big words! - but sometimes I fail utterly in making the execution interesting.

So. The weekend was fun. Weekends in NY are always fun. Like I said, I get to eat a lot, drink a lot, shop a lot (my friend's younger sister is my new favourite person, she works as an assistant buyer and got us an almost-70% discount on the new lines. Be jealous. Be very jealous.)

And yes, I saw Charlie, and am utterly in love with his charm and manners. More guys need to be like this. More guys need to be willing to lug around a heavy birthday present all over various bars and clubs. More guys, upon finding out it was one's birthday, need to randomly stop and buy flowers. Sure, they were by no means an extravagant bouquet - they were actually barely one step removed from picked wildflowers - but it really was the gesture that mattered. More guys need to be over-the-top effusive with compliments, even if they are glib, because it's just nice to hear them.

Fewer guys need to be law students in New York.

Okay, just one guy.

Dammit.

It's okay. I'll be back into the "I'm using him only for sex" mentality in a couple of days. It's a damn vicious cycle, I tell you. I spend a couple of days in his company, and get all moony and am almost unbearable for those several days afterwards. (But seriously - if we got married and had children? They'd be smart, cute and have legacy connections at not one, but FOUR Ivy League institutions. It's hard to get any better than that. Obviously, though, our offspring would be smart enough to attend the right undergraduate institution. And remember, how we met would make a lovely wedding toast and general story.) But then I snap out of it. Give me 'til Wednesday or Thursday.

In the meantime, I'll occupy myself with the assloads of reading that's been assigned. And with planning the next trip to New York - Columbus Day is only a few weekends away, mes chéries. And there's nothing like self-inflicted torture to brighten one's mood.