jeudi, septembre 23, 2004

Step away from the computer. AWAY.

Charlotte --

(if I'm Charlie, you've gotta be something)

A thousand pardons for taking so long to write back -- it's been crazy the past few days. As Wooster once observed, "around here, it seems like if it's not one thing, then it's something else." Anyway, it was a delightful time (did you know your cowboy hat friend was on coke the whole time???) I have some buddies headed to Boston in early October for my pal Gleek's birthday, but my attendance at said party is looking wobbly. If you're coming back to NYC, just drop me a line and we can rendezvous (with or without coked-out classmates ;)

Charles
Cute email, yes? Yes. But that's not the point, that he writes really goshdarn adorable emails. Yet another reason why I am stupidly STUPIDLY enamoured of him. (Note to self: Keep it at just the lust level. Lust. No emotions. Just physical needs.) I obviously sent this email to Scarlett for further discussion. In talking about this, here is what was said (over IM, natch):
me: So isn't Charlie cute. Too bad I already decided that he'll just be a fuckbuddy
me: Gosh, can't I spend the whole weekend with him in bed?
me: He has internet access. I don't need to leave his room.
me: I cannot believe I just said that I don't need to leave his room if he has internet access
Scarlett: haha, i didn't even notice, because i have the same internet dependancy that you do
This is just sad, folks. My need to be near a computer with internet access is reaching the I-need-therapy point. Yesterday, I was sunning by the Charles when I decided to figure out if my PDA got wireless access or not. It did, but the stupid network kept cutting out on me - so I decided to return home because it had been a whole TWO HOURS since I had checked my email. Then I sat on my balcony and gave myself wrinkles by squinting at my laptop screen because I wanted to have my cake (internet access) and eat it too (sunshine).

Help. I need help. Surely this can't be healthy.