More morning phone conversations.
Setting: It is 5AM AGAIN. Phone rings, AGAIN. Check Caller ID, see that it's someone you haven't heard from in over nine months.
Me: Is everything okay?
Stupid nitwit of a friend: Oh shit, you weren't supposed to pick up your phone. I'll call you tomorrow.
Pardon me, not supposed to answer my phone when it rings? NOW you tell me. Drat, I guess I've been using it wrong all along. I wish someone had corrected me earlier in life. I feel so stupid.
I know, the simple solution would be to either turn off my phone or at least put it on silent when I go to bed. But you see, I'm worried that then in case of an emergency, nobody will be able to reach me. Although true, the only early morning emergencies I've ever had to deal with are pressing questions from my parents regarding whether I took physics or biology my junior year of high school or my mother can't find the pants I want. Anyway. So I leave my phone on. And then get woken up by flaming morons. What fun!
Me: Is everything okay?
Stupid nitwit of a friend: Oh shit, you weren't supposed to pick up your phone. I'll call you tomorrow.
Pardon me, not supposed to answer my phone when it rings? NOW you tell me. Drat, I guess I've been using it wrong all along. I wish someone had corrected me earlier in life. I feel so stupid.
I know, the simple solution would be to either turn off my phone or at least put it on silent when I go to bed. But you see, I'm worried that then in case of an emergency, nobody will be able to reach me. Although true, the only early morning emergencies I've ever had to deal with are pressing questions from my parents regarding whether I took physics or biology my junior year of high school or my mother can't find the pants I want. Anyway. So I leave my phone on. And then get woken up by flaming morons. What fun!
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home