Morning phone conversations.
Setting: In bed. Phone rings at the MOST UNGODLY hour of 5AM. It is a damned blocked number. Hate those, but must answer because curiousity hasn't killed this cat - yet.
Me, disgruntled and hungover: Who is it?
Unidentified male voice, somewhat playful in tone: I had a dream about you.
Me, pissed off: Who the fuck is it?
UMV: I had a dream about the two of us, and we were naked..
Me, really really pissed off, especially since I can't identify the voice: Dammit, who is it?
UMV: Guess...
Me, do I look like I'm in the mood for games?: It's 5 in the fucking morning, I'm not playing any guessing games.
UMV: Come on, just take a guess..
Me, not budging: I'm going to hang up now if you don't tell me who it is.
UMV: Baby, it's Mike.
Me, after having gone through her mental list of Mikes and realising that none have this voice: Mike who?
UMV: You don't recognise me?
Me, at the end of her rope: Goodbye.
UMV: Is this Julie?
Me: What the fuck? No. Go away.
And really, sometimes I miss the satisfying BANG that you get when you slam a conventional phone down on its receiver. The little disconnect button on one's cell phone doesn't quite do the trick.
Me, disgruntled and hungover: Who is it?
Unidentified male voice, somewhat playful in tone: I had a dream about you.
Me, pissed off: Who the fuck is it?
UMV: I had a dream about the two of us, and we were naked..
Me, really really pissed off, especially since I can't identify the voice: Dammit, who is it?
UMV: Guess...
Me, do I look like I'm in the mood for games?: It's 5 in the fucking morning, I'm not playing any guessing games.
UMV: Come on, just take a guess..
Me, not budging: I'm going to hang up now if you don't tell me who it is.
UMV: Baby, it's Mike.
Me, after having gone through her mental list of Mikes and realising that none have this voice: Mike who?
UMV: You don't recognise me?
Me, at the end of her rope: Goodbye.
UMV: Is this Julie?
Me: What the fuck? No. Go away.
And really, sometimes I miss the satisfying BANG that you get when you slam a conventional phone down on its receiver. The little disconnect button on one's cell phone doesn't quite do the trick.
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home