mercredi, octobre 13, 2004



See sad lonely shoe. See happy shoes!

Oh yes. I finally found a replacement for my sad sad lost shoe. (You think I'm tired of talking about it? I'm not. I'm trying to talk through the utter heart-wrenching pain of having one thrown away.)

I wore them all over New York. I did everything shy of sticking them in my friends' faces so that they could properly admire them in all their glory. No, wait, I did stick them in my friends' faces. Over the dinner table. After I made everyone admire my new flippy swingy haircut. And my pedicure. I am a vain peacock sometimes. Okay, often.

The heartache might nearly be over.

It definitely will be when I get them in gold.

Did I mention that they have 3.5 inch heels? And that they are comfortable - GASP! - I did NOT incur any blisters after two straight days of wearing them 'til the wee hours of the night! And I could actually walk a normal pace, instead of tottering about. It's a miracle.

And, really, Charlie is the cutest person ever. When I told him about my darling new shoes last week, he replied:
Did those replacement shoes come through? When I was in LA for Survivor I hung out with Chip and tried to steal and then throw out his girlfriend's shoe, but she was too strong for me. Sorry.
Really. Just adorable. A modern knight in shining armor. Of course I modeled my shoes for him when I saw him over the weekend. He had no choice. No love is greater than that of a woman's for her shoes. Unless it's a smashin' new bag or a nice sparkly trinket.