lundi, octobre 25, 2004

THIS is what I want for Christmas.

A lifetime AAirpass Membership.

You can fly WHEREVER you want. WHENEVER you want. IN FIRST CLASS if you want. (And why wouldn't you?)

If I actually had this, I would never be seen again. "Where is that girl now?" someone would ask. Just think of the fabulous responses I could give.
Oh, I was bored, so I decided to nip on down to NY for the afternoon for a spell of shopping. I'll be back in time for dinner.
But why stop there?
Oh, I had a craving for confit de canard, so decided to go to Paris to have lunch at Au Gamin. And then a couple of friends were having cocktails in Salamanca, so I stopped by before going back to Chicago for a friend's birthday.

Oh, I heard my favourite band was playing in Sweden and wanted to catch the show.

Oh, I wanted to go to Chile. Just because I could.
Screw school, I'd make a career out of travelling and make the AAirpass worth it.

Yes, if I had 3 million to spend on this, one could argue that I could perhaps buy my own jet. But then I would have to worry about maintenance and flight plans and crap like that. This way, someone else does all the worrying. I just reap the benefits. The only thing is - I'd need somewhere to stay. Combine this with a pass for some international hotel chain and we'd be money.

Gosh, I love the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book. It is the most fun ever. I mean really, a custom suit of armour? What the hell for? But hey, it comes with two sword-fighting lessons. Can't beat that..