lundi, novembre 08, 2004

Letters of love.

I have lots of email accounts. I have them for different functions so I can keep everything straight. And then there are a few that I don't use anymore, but can't bring myself to delete because I don't want to lose those emails.*

For instance, there's the hotmail account I created for my semester abroad in Paris. (Paris seems to be coming up an awful lot recently. I really miss it, sigh.) I only used it for those six months, and it contains such lovely emails from all my friends who were also abroad at that same time. While I haven't used that particular email address in a good 4 years, and never receive email there, I sign in every once in awhile, just to make sure the account doesn't get deleted.

Imagine my surprise then, when I found that I had three messages in my inbox! All from the same person - a person I don't know. Let's call him/her Person X.

From what I gather, Person X's friend - the person to whom he thinks he's writing - is currently in Paris, and has some sort of extended stay there. I hope they're dating, as the salutations run along the lines of: "Hello my little love muffin!" and "Wasssup now my Nizzel?" I don't think I ever want to be someone's "love muffin" or "Nizzel". It's just.. odd. There is also someone else called G-Funk who is in Paris with love muffin.

But I can just imagine the conversations Person X and Nizzel had before Person X realised that he was emailing the wrong account.
"Well! I have not received an email from you in forever! We're officially in a fight!"
"But my little love muffin, I have written you every day for the past three days, since we last talked."
"Well I haven't received anything, and I'm really hurt. I am starting to doubt your love for me."
"But I promise! I have been emailing you faithfully! My love for you is hotter than a pizza oven."
"But why haven't I been receiving these emails then? Have you been sending them to the right email address?"
"Of course my Nizzel! I even used one 'n', like how you spell your name."
"You MORON! There are two 'n's in my email address!"
"That means -- "
"Yes! Someone else has been receiving your emails! Oh I love you so much!"
"Oh dear. At least I didn't write about how I wanted to lick cream cheese frosting from your naked body, my little love muffin. But believe me, I do."
It was just too too much. Unfortunately, I've not received any new mail from Person X. It was so much more entertaining than the spam and class notices I usually receive.


*If someone has knows how to download hotmail accounts so that I can save those emails - well, that would be quite dandy.