jeudi, novembre 11, 2004

Music to the ears.

I usually don't schill for my friends and whatnot, but in this instance, I just have to.

If you find yourself lacking something to do Saturday night (and happen to be in New York), go to Cheryl Englehardt's album release party at The Cutting Room (19 West 24th Street) at 7PM.

She is a singer/songwriter, but I think that description has been overused to the point where it's now trite.

Cheryl's amazing. I've heard her several times, and am just awed by her talent. There are mp3 clips on her website. Unfortunately, my favourite song, "Talk Talk Talk" isn't up there. But the rest are great - I'm also a big fan of "American Diner."

I'd be there, but unfortunately I have guests this weekend - remember the dinner party? - and can't leave town. I actually have to start cooking today for this dinner party. ARGH. If anyone wants to write my paper on vocabulary instruction for language minority learners, please let me know and I will love you forever. (Okay, not forever, as I am highly fickle, but at least until the next paper comes around.)

So you should go and support her in my stead.

All the cool kids (read: my friends) are doing it. How's that for pressure?