mardi, novembre 23, 2004

Ode to open-toed sandals.

I hate wearing socks. They are so uncomfortable.
Open-toed sandals, you're the best.
Then everyone can see my prettily-painted toes -
oops, time for a pedicure.
Shoes are made to be pretty, not practical.
And open-toed sandals, you fit the bill.
I am sorry, I am so out of brain cells. Flew home (where I can wear open-toed sandals, hence the ode) Monday night, and have sadly sadly been doing work since then. Therefore, expect nothing but inanity until.. well.. at least December, when winter break comes around, if not longer, since I will be doing nothing but working until then. Did I mention that I think it's colder inside my house than it is on the East coast? I can barely type because I am wrapped up in a blanket shivering.

To perfectly illustrate my mood right now, here is a snippet from the minutes of a meeting I missed today because I am home. Where it is warmer outside my house than inside. But at least I can wear my open-toed sandals.
Communications
-nothing exciting
-dissed us big time LOL
-will post winter party on calendar

Social
- working on Winter Blues party
- party is on a meeting date, but who cares
- no meeting that day
- sticker on the candy was great
Gosh, I love our secretary. She's all sorts of funny.

Okay, I lied. I'm not doing work all of the time. Just most of the time. It's time to go visit my favourite wine bar. But seriously, wine enables the thinking process, so it's more like a prework warm-up.