mercredi, décembre 22, 2004

FOUR.

What FOUR is:
*The number of leaves on a four-leaf clover
*The number of drinks I had at happy hour last night
*The number of letters in the names of guys-of-which-to-be-wary
*The number of pages of a book I can read in a moving car before I become queasy

What FOUR is not:
A TEMPERATURE

Yet apparently it's been FOUR degrees in Cambridge the last couple of days, according to weather.com - which is the perfect excuse to wear my fur coat, but shit FOUR degrees is cold.

You would have thought that after six years on the East coast, I'd learn how to layer. Hahaha. No. Vanity sticks its nose in EVERY time I think of even dressing like a marshmallow. I refuse to wear my thick down coat that apparently will protect me in negative degree weather because I think it makes me look bulky (obviously it does, because the bulk equals warmth you stupid girl). I finally gave in and wore tights underneath my pants and socks yesterday and DAMN if that thin layer of nylon doesn't add warmth. Who'd've known?

Doesn't matter, however! I am home for a lovely three weeks in warm California, where unfortunately the weather dropped 20 degrees upon my return home. But since that means it's currently in the high-60s out, I'm not complaining. As a matter of fact, I am sitting outside in a short-sleeved shirt and flip-flops while I write this. It is very refreshing to be able to exhale outside and NOT see your breath hanging in the arctic weather, taunting you. Neener neener neener. Why I keep leaving here is a mystery to me.*


*Oh right, it's because people are stupid here. I really need to get off my intellectual high horse and just embrace the vapidity that is LA.