lundi, décembre 06, 2004

The patheticness of the male population in this city.

So when I procrastinate, one of the best ways of doing so is by poring over the personals on Craigslist. After some extensive evaluation with a friend, certain trends come out, aside from the mass misspellings and grammar mistakes, and you can hen ascribe various characteristics to the males of any given city. (I say male, because obviously we only looked at the M4F ones.)

In San Francisco, the ads are generally creative. If you want a sugar daddy, Los Angeles and Vegas are the cities for you, especially the latter. Lots of entertainment-type guys in LA also (obviously). So on, and so forth.

But let's get to my point. Boston. BOSTON. Ohmygod, just slit my throat now. For some reason, the guys in this fair city all seem to be morose sappy lovestruck freaks. I present, for your evaluation, just the titles of four posts found in a row on Craigslist last night:

*The Pain Of Love & Life Hurts So Bad But Without Pain We Are Nothing.
*What Is True Love????? Do You Know???Does Anyone Know????
*Missed Moments In Time ... Do You Miss The Same Moments I Do????
*I Miss Holding Someone In My Arms At Night& I Miss Sweet Love& Romance

That's right, IN A ROW. I wish I was joking, but I'm not. It's enough to make me puke. It almost did, as a matter of fact, and I had to stop reading, otherwise I'm sure I would have found many more examples to prove my point: that as long as I live here I will be freaking single if the guys posting ads on CL are indicative at all of the general male population.