To be confused, or not to be?
'Just friends,' are you? Not likely! Take a closer look at that longtime pal and see if maybe you can picture them in a different role. If it's not too big a leap, why not go for it?I should stop reading my horoscope. I really should. It's not productive at all.
Remember Nicky? He who better bring me to the Kentucky Derby? This last weekend, we spent so much time together (much more than usual, as generally I see him once every two weeks, given our busy schedules) that if it were any other guy, I'd say we were so on the verge of dating, if we already weren't.
He came to my holiday party and stayed 'til the end. We went out for drinks at our favourite bars the next night and were out 'til 2. Sunday, we saw Closer and had dinner at another favourite place. I don't think you could get any date-ier if you tried.
And indulge a normally non-mooney girl, I swear there was a moment after every time we said goodbye.
We have plans after I get back from winter break to get sushi, and go for tapas, and he's going to drag me to salsa and tango lessons.
Usually I'm so good at reading guys (at least, let me believe that illusion). But not so much with him. I'm confused, but I don't even know if I should be. After all, it's Nicky. (I would link to previous posts on him, but I'm that lazy now that I have decided I am going to be a lazy bum until Christmas, after which I will be working like a fiend once again). The Harry to my Sally. We spent so much time together in Paris that people - from my friends to mutual professors to our hairdresser (yes, we went to the same person) - thought we were secretly dating. We talk about everything, including people of the other sex we want to date/sleep with and musings on relationships and crushes, with the one exception of the time we were really drunk and slept together senior year. That, we have not talked about since it happened.
And maybe, that's where all the confusion comes in. I am probably overanalysing matters again, as I am wont to do. Or perhaps I am right in my overanalysis. But perhaps I shouldn't be confused. He is one of my best friends, and one of the few guys that I implicitly trust.
Pfft. I need outside analysis with this. Everyone who knows us is also confused and doesn't know what to tell me.
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home