A visit to the optometrist.
Example of appropriate eye exam conversation:
So, where do you go to school?
Example of slightly less appropriate eye exam conversation:
[Upon my revealing where I went for undergrad and where I am now, information which he had to pry for, by the way, as surprising as it may seem I am not all about advertising where my parents have spent their hard-earned money in the name of education, namely because of the responses I sometimes get.]
So, are you some kind of nerd?
[Like that response. What the hell?]
Example of completely inappropriate eye exam conversation:
Those schools are really expensive, aren't they. Did you have to take out loans, or are your parents paying for it?
I'm sorry, do we not have boundaries in conversation anymore? I'd never met this guy before. I wish I had been more with it and had been able to come up with a witty yet scathing rejoinder, but I wasn't. So I think I grunted noncommittally instead. I'm sure he thought he was being amusing, or making conversation, but honestly.
So, where do you go to school?
Example of slightly less appropriate eye exam conversation:
[Upon my revealing where I went for undergrad and where I am now, information which he had to pry for, by the way, as surprising as it may seem I am not all about advertising where my parents have spent their hard-earned money in the name of education, namely because of the responses I sometimes get.]
So, are you some kind of nerd?
[Like that response. What the hell?]
Example of completely inappropriate eye exam conversation:
Those schools are really expensive, aren't they. Did you have to take out loans, or are your parents paying for it?
I'm sorry, do we not have boundaries in conversation anymore? I'd never met this guy before. I wish I had been more with it and had been able to come up with a witty yet scathing rejoinder, but I wasn't. So I think I grunted noncommittally instead. I'm sure he thought he was being amusing, or making conversation, but honestly.
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home