vendredi, juillet 23, 2004

Love is (potentially) in the air.

Southwest Airline Passengers Find Love in Next Seat
Veteran Southwest flight attendant C.J. Deschaine has seen the sparks fly between couples hundreds of times -- especially on flights to Las Vegas.
Please please let this be true. It would be swell! I generally hate Southwest - please, I like the comforts of my first class cabin and assigned seating - but, I could learn to love it if - gasp! - I actually met someone on the plane worth talking to. Who's cute. And if it turned into a weekend fling - well, all the better!

My friend Steph and I had this idea once where we were going to somehow combine flying and matchmaking. You know, fill out a little questionnaire and get seated in a row of compatible people. Not the worst way to spend a flight, making friends - beats jostling for the armrest with the fat businessman sitting next to you or watching whatever movie they're showing.

But it looks like it already happens on Southwest. (And according to the article, first class cabins are also conducive to romance in the air, but that is such a lie because all the times I've flown first class I always get seated next to a.. well, a fat businessman who I'm sure wonders why I drink so much. Hey, I'm not going to turn down free vodka. And flying is so boring, you might as well drink yourself to sleep.)

Anyway dahlings, I'm off to Vegas in a couple of hours, so cross your fingers for me. I'll even shower before the flight and maybe, ooh just maybe, dry my hair properly too, so it's not just a limp mass hanging on my head.

Even if it doesn't pan out - well hell. I'll be in Vegas. Katie's joining me. Someone else was supposed to come along also, but isn't gonna. Hrmph. And we're staying next door (quite literally, I called the hotel to make sure our rooms were next to each other) to Kevin and his brethren. There's no way I'll have a bad time, since Kevin and I will pimp each other out. I mean, that's what friends do.

And, there's always my return leg on Southwest.

And if that fails, well, perhaps a trip to Alaska should be in the works.

Hope springs eternal.