Because my social life, or lack thereof, is more important than schoolwork.
Because, oh, I don't know, having three papers due in three days, on top of more grad school apps (WHY, oh WHY am I thinking that MORE SCHOOLING is good?) isn't enough work, I've also been planning - yay! - another party. This one is NOT going to be a dinner party, as I just don't have it in me to cook a full meal, but more a cocktail party that'll probably lean more on the cocktail part than the food part. Nevertheless. Just so that you can salivatate over the nibbles to be had:
*Proscuitto and gruyere pastry pinwheels
*Mediterranean marinated olives
*Baked brie
*Spiced candied walnuts
*Sourdough toasts with smoked tomato confit
*Feta whipped with basil, lemon, and pepper
*Raspberry cheesecake brownies
*Cardamom butter squares (recipe in the latest Gourmet)
And to drink (what is more important?):
*Ginger pineapple sparkling punch (also in the latest Gourmet)
*Sangria (my own special recipe, yay!)
Of course, I'm sure this menu will be tweaked tons, as I procrastinate by trying to find things to cook rather than writing said papers. Sigh. Maybe I will just make it easier on me and just buy lots of alcohol and serve.. like.. oh, nuts and chips and salsa. But there is this inner Martha Stewart that says I am not allowed to do that. Gah. I might need to compromise with a trip to the greatest grocery store ever.
I will also endeavour to take pictures this time. But you know me. So many promises, so easily forgotten after the first drink.
By the way? My horoscope? So predicting much romance for me in the near future. That's funny. I don't currently know any guys I'd want to go out with, much less kiss. Aha! Maybe they're saying I'll be meeting some wanna-be politicians at the Ed school party tomorrow night*. Wouldn't that be nice. But not likely. Sigh.
*That's right. Party. Which I am going to regardless of the fact that I have a ton of work. Nothing like a healthy sense of denial!
*Proscuitto and gruyere pastry pinwheels
*Mediterranean marinated olives
*Baked brie
*Spiced candied walnuts
*Sourdough toasts with smoked tomato confit
*Feta whipped with basil, lemon, and pepper
*Raspberry cheesecake brownies
*Cardamom butter squares (recipe in the latest Gourmet)
And to drink (what is more important?):
*Ginger pineapple sparkling punch (also in the latest Gourmet)
*Sangria (my own special recipe, yay!)
Of course, I'm sure this menu will be tweaked tons, as I procrastinate by trying to find things to cook rather than writing said papers. Sigh. Maybe I will just make it easier on me and just buy lots of alcohol and serve.. like.. oh, nuts and chips and salsa. But there is this inner Martha Stewart that says I am not allowed to do that. Gah. I might need to compromise with a trip to the greatest grocery store ever.
I will also endeavour to take pictures this time. But you know me. So many promises, so easily forgotten after the first drink.
By the way? My horoscope? So predicting much romance for me in the near future. That's funny. I don't currently know any guys I'd want to go out with, much less kiss. Aha! Maybe they're saying I'll be meeting some wanna-be politicians at the Ed school party tomorrow night*. Wouldn't that be nice. But not likely. Sigh.
*That's right. Party. Which I am going to regardless of the fact that I have a ton of work. Nothing like a healthy sense of denial!
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home