Brooke's Wedding Countdown, #4
So on the radio the other morning, Kevin and Bean said that Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner were seen canoodling in Vancouver. Does that mean Michael Vartan is single again? Hellllooooo!! I am here! If anyone can help me find him, in a manner that does not entail a Craigslist post, I will forever be in your debt.
Anyhow. Onto Brooke's Wedding Countdown. Previous installments: one, two and three.
Dear Diary,
16 days until the big day!!! I am so excited!! :) I have been thinking about this day and night, night and day, and I just cannot wait to become Mrs. Mark XXX. All my fondest dreams will come true the moment I utter the words, "I do." I can't wait!
I am rather upset, however, that of the 185 people we invited to the wedding, only 125 are showing up. It is rather disappointing. Do they not realise that this is the premier social event of the century - no, the millenium? Just because I haven't talked to some of these people in over seven years does not give them the excuse to not attend my wedding - after all, it is the most important day in my life! True, a lot of them were my mother's friends, as I do not have so many because who needs friends when you have a man :) But some were people from high school! I know I haven't talked to them since graduation, but still. I am hurt :( I suppose a more intimate wedding is not such a bad thing, but I want everyone to experience this happy occassion!
Did I not send out the invitations early enough for them to clear their schedules out? But I thought three-and-a-half months would be ample time! Yes, yes, I know that you're not supposed to send invites out 'til six weeks to two months before the wedding, but I was so excited I could barely hide it! Much less contain it! :)
Well, at least I get wedding presents from all of them! I need to remember to update the registries and see if there's anything new that I want - good thing that people can still send gifts up through a year after the wedding date. I'm also running out of gifts on the registry because I am having two bridal showers, and I want to make sure that there's lots of available stuff for people to give me. There are these new Waterford crystal goblets that Mom says I just have to have, because it just would not do if I was without them.
Oh! Mom is on the phone to go over the wedding schedule. We touch base at least three times a day regarding the wedding now, since the Big Day is so close. I will write more later! :)
love,
Brookie :) :)
Anyhow. Onto Brooke's Wedding Countdown. Previous installments: one, two and three.
Dear Diary,
16 days until the big day!!! I am so excited!! :) I have been thinking about this day and night, night and day, and I just cannot wait to become Mrs. Mark XXX. All my fondest dreams will come true the moment I utter the words, "I do." I can't wait!
I am rather upset, however, that of the 185 people we invited to the wedding, only 125 are showing up. It is rather disappointing. Do they not realise that this is the premier social event of the century - no, the millenium? Just because I haven't talked to some of these people in over seven years does not give them the excuse to not attend my wedding - after all, it is the most important day in my life! True, a lot of them were my mother's friends, as I do not have so many because who needs friends when you have a man :) But some were people from high school! I know I haven't talked to them since graduation, but still. I am hurt :( I suppose a more intimate wedding is not such a bad thing, but I want everyone to experience this happy occassion!
Did I not send out the invitations early enough for them to clear their schedules out? But I thought three-and-a-half months would be ample time! Yes, yes, I know that you're not supposed to send invites out 'til six weeks to two months before the wedding, but I was so excited I could barely hide it! Much less contain it! :)
Well, at least I get wedding presents from all of them! I need to remember to update the registries and see if there's anything new that I want - good thing that people can still send gifts up through a year after the wedding date. I'm also running out of gifts on the registry because I am having two bridal showers, and I want to make sure that there's lots of available stuff for people to give me. There are these new Waterford crystal goblets that Mom says I just have to have, because it just would not do if I was without them.
Oh! Mom is on the phone to go over the wedding schedule. We touch base at least three times a day regarding the wedding now, since the Big Day is so close. I will write more later! :)
love,
Brookie :) :)
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home