lundi, août 09, 2004

Brooke's Wedding Countdown, #5.

Pillow is 'perfect boyfriend'

Now, that's the kind of research I want to be doing. Obviously sleeping with pillows is better than cuddling next to someone when you are trying to sleep. Boys are large bony moving heat-emitting sheet-stealing (and if you're unlucky) snoring objects. They are not comfortable when you want to sleep. I blame Bob as part of the reason fuckwit and I broke up. Fuckwit was very jealous of Bob. Bob was the pillow I slept with, even if fuckwit was in the bed with me. Bob was actually one of fuckwit's pillows, as a matter of fact. Fuckwit didn't understand why I preferred Bob over him when trying to fall asleep. I tried explaining to fuckwit the whole, I can move Bob where I want him when I want him and Bob stays cool (temperature-wise) thing. Fuckwit didn't get it. He said he put Bob in the corner when I wasn't around!! The horrors! When I kissed Bob and told him that I loved him and that I would never put him in the corner, fuckwit didn't understand. He was actually insulted that I loved Bob so.

It never would have worked out in the end between fuckwit and me, what with him being genuinely jealous of a pillow. Love me, love my pillow. Bob will always hold first place in my heart (okay second, after Linus). It is too bad I had to leave Bob behind. I worry about him. But it's okay. I have another Bob, and he doesn't even mind that he's not the original.

Also, apparently today in Rhode Island is celebrate dropping the bomb on Japan day (during WWII, obviously.) I did not know this. It's funny in a terrible way. Of course the only state with "plantation" still in its official name would celebrate the dropping of the atomic bomb.

Anyway. More wedding fun! Parts un, deux, trois et quatre.

Dear Diary,

Oh My God Only FIVE days left until I become Mrs. Mark XXX. I cannot believe that the day is coming up so soon!

I have been dutifully following my mother's diet, so I am as skinny as ever! :) The cabbage soup thing is just swell. I wonder why I hadn't done it before. Sure, it smells a little funny - but I will remember to wear lots of perfume. That, and the roses we have everywhere the night of the wedding should cover up any lingering cabbage odors.

I wonder if I should visit Mystic Tan. I am rather pale from my office job. But that is okay, I figured that I will look more pure and innocent if I am pale instead of tan. It brings to mind brides from the Victorian and Elizabethan eras. Although teehee, between you and me, Mark and I have been knocking boots for quite a while now ;) And anyway, my dress is purposefully more on the creamy ivory side, so that I do not blend into it. I did want a white white white dress, but between the $2000 per tooth porcelain veneers that I have (although we did only do the front eight teeth - must remember not to smile too brightly in my pictures because even though this will be the happiest day in my life, it is better not to show the ugly teeth), my blonde blonde hair (thanks to marvelous Mario at the salon!) and how beautifully translucently pale I am - well, a white dress might have washed me out. Perhaps it is better I skip the Mystic Tan. I shall ask Mom about it.

Last week, Mark wrote me a five page letter detailing what he thought of our relationship. It was such a beautiful letter. We spent all day last Sunday talking about it, and we talked about the last seven years and about how much we love each other. I cannot believe we spent eight hours on the phone! It is a good thing I did not have anything else to do - but of course, nothing is as important as Mark, so I would have shunned all else in favor of him. I am so lucky to be marrying such a thoughtful and caring guy. I love him so much I cannot wait to show the world how I feel!

I am home now for the final wedding stretch. Can you believe that some of my bridesmaids are actually working this week, instead of taking it off to run any errands I might need them to run?! Do they not realise that they are supposed to be at my beck and call in this time of need. The nerve!

Mom and I have a lot to do this week. We need to go to the bridal shoppe every day for my dress fitting, that is the most important thing. We also have a whole bunch of spa treatments to make me even prettier, if that's possible teehee :) The wedding gown will automatically make me the most beautiful person alive. I don't know how anyone will be able to keep his/her eyes off of me. We also need to finalize the seating chart. I know it might seem a little micromanaging of us, but we have assigned every person in the wedding party a specific seat. It simply would not do to have them sitting wherever they wanted at their table. It might offset the delicate balance, and I will not have anyone messing up My Important Day. I know that some of them are potential alcoholics and I will not have them influencing the others. Also, boy-girl-boy-girl makes for such a pleasant seating arangement to the eye.

And! This week I get to open the wedding presents! I am so excited you have no idea. Mom had such an excellent idea of registering at five different places. When Mark and I move home, we will be able to set up home in such a grand style I cannot wait! We have our eye on this condo that is walking distance from home. I never want to live more than 2 miles away from home ever again. I hope it is on the market in 3 years, after Mark finishes law school and does his appellate and Supreme Court clerkships. Maybe I should have Mom go ahead and buy it, we can always pay her and Dad back. After all, my husband is going to be a big lawyer! Just like dad! Funny that their names are both Mark! :) :)

Okay, I must get my beauty rest. I have a big day tomorrow - dress fitting, wedding site visit and Mark and I have to go over our vows again (we want to amaze everyone with our love for each other). Ta ta for now!

love,
Brookie :) :)