I daresay, I think I'm cured.
"You know what, we can't date. I cannot stay with him in his dorm room and share a bathroom with him and other guys."
I know, I know, the Charlie saga continues. I have been mooney over him. I've tried to (semi)logically sound out reasons as to why it just wouldn't work. (To add to the distressingly long list of similarities between him and fuckwit: addicted to sleeping pills, wait-listed at their first choice law school, lived a block away from each other when they lived in LA, previously involved in the entertainment industry in some fashion, massive nerds in high school, parents went to school in Boston).
But what it came down to was just so elementary, when one of my friends asked why we weren't dating already. I do like him, a lot, but I really can't go to NY with the sole intent of visiting him, if only because we'd be crammed into a dorm room his school calls grad student housing - did I mention the twin-long bed, and I'm someone who thinks a double is too small even when I'm the only one sleeping in it - and yes, I would have to share a bathroomwith him and the other stinky boys with whom he shares his suite. And there is NO GOOD DINING in the Upper West Side in the 100s. Nor any wine bars (that I know of). Nor shopping.
I have my creature comforts, and I'm never willing to sacrifice them. Even for good sex.
I don't know why it took this long to realise it. It's so convenient the way it is right now - I see him a couple of times over the weekend for lunch/dinner/drinks and conversation preceded/followed by a roll in the figurative hay - and then I can RETURN to the clean boy-free better-located apartments in which my friends live. (Or at least attempt to sleep 'til morning until my need to use the bathroom becomes too great to resist.)
And when he mentioned perhaps visiting, I just blinked at him, confused. I'd have to share my sanctuary with a guy? What's that all about?
Screw separate bathrooms; I might need separate wings, if not residences, when I get married.
Mais oui, I did see him this weekend. I love that he'll rearrange his schedule to see me. That's the way it should be, dahlinks. Of course, if the offer of sex is on the table, he'd be stupid to not do so. But in any case, whatever his reasons, I'm not complaining. I do so enjoy the flirty bantering with a guy. And it helps when it's a guy you know, so that you don't have to be skeeved out by the intentions of strangers.
But that's that. Whenever I feel like being in a relationship again (not for awhile though, believe me), I daresay I should be able to find someone that lives within a five-mile radius. (Easier said than done.) But for the meantime, this situation with Charlie is as close to perfect as it can be (given the distance and all). There'll be no more sappy mooning, I promise (at least for now).
I do reserve the right, however, to coo gushingly over his cute emails. Because they are that cute. And I am a girl and I still think that how we met makes a great wedding toast and that we'd have goshdarn cute kids with amazing university choices.
I know, I know, the Charlie saga continues. I have been mooney over him. I've tried to (semi)logically sound out reasons as to why it just wouldn't work. (To add to the distressingly long list of similarities between him and fuckwit: addicted to sleeping pills, wait-listed at their first choice law school, lived a block away from each other when they lived in LA, previously involved in the entertainment industry in some fashion, massive nerds in high school, parents went to school in Boston).
But what it came down to was just so elementary, when one of my friends asked why we weren't dating already. I do like him, a lot, but I really can't go to NY with the sole intent of visiting him, if only because we'd be crammed into a dorm room his school calls grad student housing - did I mention the twin-long bed, and I'm someone who thinks a double is too small even when I'm the only one sleeping in it - and yes, I would have to share a bathroomwith him and the other stinky boys with whom he shares his suite. And there is NO GOOD DINING in the Upper West Side in the 100s. Nor any wine bars (that I know of). Nor shopping.
I have my creature comforts, and I'm never willing to sacrifice them. Even for good sex.
I don't know why it took this long to realise it. It's so convenient the way it is right now - I see him a couple of times over the weekend for lunch/dinner/drinks and conversation preceded/followed by a roll in the figurative hay - and then I can RETURN to the clean boy-free better-located apartments in which my friends live. (Or at least attempt to sleep 'til morning until my need to use the bathroom becomes too great to resist.)
And when he mentioned perhaps visiting, I just blinked at him, confused. I'd have to share my sanctuary with a guy? What's that all about?
Screw separate bathrooms; I might need separate wings, if not residences, when I get married.
Mais oui, I did see him this weekend. I love that he'll rearrange his schedule to see me. That's the way it should be, dahlinks. Of course, if the offer of sex is on the table, he'd be stupid to not do so. But in any case, whatever his reasons, I'm not complaining. I do so enjoy the flirty bantering with a guy. And it helps when it's a guy you know, so that you don't have to be skeeved out by the intentions of strangers.
But that's that. Whenever I feel like being in a relationship again (not for awhile though, believe me), I daresay I should be able to find someone that lives within a five-mile radius. (Easier said than done.) But for the meantime, this situation with Charlie is as close to perfect as it can be (given the distance and all). There'll be no more sappy mooning, I promise (at least for now).
I do reserve the right, however, to coo gushingly over his cute emails. Because they are that cute. And I am a girl and I still think that how we met makes a great wedding toast and that we'd have goshdarn cute kids with amazing university choices.
0 Comments:
Enregistrer un commentaire
<< Home